Parabolic springs anyone?

Volvo TGB and 30X (303/304/306) mods and resto work, news, resources and non-technical stuff
Hoss

Parabolic springs anyone?

Post by Hoss »

I have just contacted Heystee inquiring why the C303 parabolic springs disappeared from their store.
http://www.parabolicsuspension.com/volvo/c303.htm
They replied that they can still make them but would require orders for 10 sets to make it worthwhile.
I don't know the actual price, but imagine similar to the others on their store.
I imagine that's going to be a tough target, but i'll post this here and on the big euro c303 forum.
If there is anyone who would seriously commit to a set, perhaps we can get enough for a group order....?
one2many
Australia

Re: Parabolic springs anyone?

Post by one2many »

Gday Hoss,

I just spotted this topic and I'm wondering how you went with generating interest regarding a group buy for parabolic springs? I'd go in on some if something eventuates.

Mines a 6x6 so I would only really need a front set but I would take two sets....ie. There are two 6x6's over here that could account for 1 complete set.

Cheers Warren
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
ranicotra
United States of America

Post by ranicotra »

I will commit to a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thedoeges

Post by thedoeges »

How much are they selling for?
Irakli

Post by Irakli »

Without knowing the price it is difficult to make mind on buying those springs. I had contacted them couple of years ago and got same answer. I guess if there will be 10 purchasers on this forum and European forums we can directly send money to manufacturer.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Just a note - this thread started in 2013 :shock:
Not sure anyone is doing anything about getting prices :?:
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Well i'm still interested, but i never got any reply on here in 2013. Again if we can get 10 definite orders, i'm up for it.
Nick S

Post by Nick S »

Hi Hoss
I'm interested if this is still a possibility as would my friend Warren so 2 sets for Australia
Cheers
Nick
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Ok i have made a doodle http://doodle.com/poll/ek2u7pyxsepg7xb3
Add your name if you are serious about proceeding.
I will recontact Heystee and try to get a price.
If this proceeds i would try to arrange it that we can each pay them directly. I dont want to get involved collecting money and chasing people.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Looks like 6 sets needed so far.
one2many
Australia

Post by one2many »

Hi Hoss
I'm interested if this is still a possibility as would my friend Warren so 2 sets for Australia
Cheers
Nick
Hi Nick, as we both have 6x6's we only need one set between us both, but our set needs to consist of two front axle pairs.

So I think I would be correct in saying that's one set for Australia not two. I will email Paul at Heystee and ask him if that would be OK for our set of 4 springs to be supplied as two front pairs as opposed to one front pair and one rear pair.

Hoss, sorry to confuse things. I will post Paul's answer as soon as I have it.

Cheers Warren.
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
roobar_and_custard
Australia

Post by roobar_and_custard »

Depending on the price, I could complicate things and add another Australian 6x6... Just the fronts of course. :D

Ian
Nick S

Post by Nick S »

one2many wrote:
Hi Hoss
Cheers
Nick
Hi Nick, as we both have 6x6's we only need one set between us both, but our set needs to consist of two front axle pairs.

So I think I would be correct in saying that's one set for Australia not two. I will email Paul at Heystee and ask him if that would be OK for our set of 4 springs to be supplied as two front pairs as opposed to one front pair and one rear pair.

Hoss, sorry to confuse things. I will post Paul's answer as soon as I have it.

Cheers Warren.
Ooops! Thanks for correcting that Warren, yes two front pairs
Nick
one2many
Australia

Post by one2many »

I contacted Paul from heystee and got a reply....
Hi Warren,
Thank you for your email. Front and rear are the same so sets are rather pairs. The minimum production quantity is around 40 to 50 springs = 20 to 25 pairs.

At this moment I am talking with someone who is interested having a production run from my designs.
If you want I can send him your details of have him contact you.

Regards,
Paul
▼ Hide quoted text

On 04/05/16 06:18, erehwon 712 wrote:

Hi Paul,
I contacted you back in February about your parabolic sets to suit the Volvo c303/306, a few members on a Volvo forum are trying to organise a group buy, currently we have got commitment for six sets of 4 springs so we still need a bit more interest before we can make the order.

If we could tell people a price it would help with getting those that have expressed interest to commit to buy. Also 4 of the people that have committed so far own a c306 so these people have only the need for a pair for the front axle, I have only counted these as 2 sets but we would also like to tell these people their price. I am one of the 306 owners.

So can you give a price for both a full set of 4 and also just a front pair? Or can a set comprise of two front pairs?

Kind Regards

Warren Hayes.

The top first part is Heystee's answer to my email which is on the bottom. I will take him up on his offer to put me in contact with the person interested in doing a production run from his designs and I will keep the forum posted. I suppose that's that for now.
Cheers all.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Just to add, I can vouch for Paul and his quality. I was actually one of the first people in North America to get a set of his springs way back when he made the new gen. parabolics for the Series Land Rovers. I was very impressed with them and the increase in safety I felt when going over bad roads at speed. They kept the wheels on the ground much better, somehow. It will be interesting to see how they compare to the stock 303 springs since they seem pretty good to begin with, although I had taken out a main spring from my 303 rears which helped a lot. I recommend this, if you aren't carrying 1000lbs back there.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!