Looks like you can now buy a US Mil. Hummer!

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Looks like you can now buy a US Mil. Hummer!

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Haf-e
United States of America

Re: Looks like you can now buy a US Mil. Hummer!

Post by Haf-e »

Says for "off road use only"....
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

also says you can't even drive most of them they are so bad off.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

The website mentions payment terms for "international buyers", but I would assume there are export restrictions on these, right? This is just out of curiosity by the way...

I guess this is good news for the firefighters (referring to an earlier thread).
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

It'll be interesting to see what sort of documentation these are sold with, ie. SF-97 or Bill of Sale only. Regardless, some states allow them to be registered, and some allow bonding for title. I bet some will hit the streets despite the "off road use only" designation.

More curiously, I wonder how long they will be sold. They did it once before and then stopped.

FWIW: A friend of mine has both Humvees and Pinzgauers and claims to prefer the Pinz due to it's narrower width.
dadnova
United States of America

Post by dadnova »

Read the story in the news, so our Gov. wants to sell us a car we CANNOT use, good only if trailer-ed to an off road site.
Sounds like our Gov.
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

More curiously, I wonder how long they will be sold. They did it once before and then stopped.
If I heard correctly, AM General put a clause in their sales contract to ensure that Hummers were not able to be sold to the public -- probably to prevent competition with their Civilian Hummer sales. Now that they have stopped civi production they may have relaxed that clause, or perhaps it expired. When I bought my first Pinz in 2001, there were a few dozen Mil Hummers that were available for sale through some sort of loophole, but they wanted $25K for the base Mil Hummer; doors, roof, and seats were extra (to the tune of about an additional $5k!). At the time I was lusting after a Hummer, but once I found Pinzis for less than half the price and similar (but different) performance I became a true convert and I no longer have the Hummer bug.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

I'd love one, of course, one that works. Looks like there are some deals there if they stay in the sane range. But of course, you have to live with no title and you can't export...... :?
1972 710m
crcpinz

Post by crcpinz »

There are a few here in Costa Rica. Besides the enormous width, which makes them impractical, they are severely underpowered for the mud due to their tremendous weight. I guess they were designed for the desert.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
1976 710K
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000163282080