Park City UT Mog?

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Park City UT Mog?

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

I'm still up here at the big film festival in Park City and just about tripped in the 13" of snow when I saw what was plowing a parking lot off main street! I didn't know these late models were in service around here. It was cool to see that he had flipped the steering wheel over to the right side for this particular job; a cool feature these have.
Attachments
Image1031[1].jpg
Image1031[1].jpg (150.64 KiB) Viewed 733 times
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

EmbarkChief
United States of America

Re: Park City UT Mog?

Post by EmbarkChief »

Sweet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-1972 710M
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Yeah well, Park City. No wonder.

Up at the top of Main St., there was a small odd-shaped kinda-triangular house that my buddy Kevin rented for several years, and I was lucky enough to visit often.

My favorite Park City tale was probably from the late '80's. I was walking up Main St. after skiing all day, and noticed all the limos, so I started counting. Fully 50% of the vehicles on Main St. were limos, and that was just your everyday traffic up there at that time.

I felt a wee bit out of place... :shock:
It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridjof Nansen
I hope to die in my ski boots... ...just not today. Me
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

After taking note of what was on the very slushy Main street most of today, it looks like the current favorite is the giant Lincoln or Cadillac SUV's as taxis/limos.

I feel lucky after finding a brewery at the top of the hill that sells cheap food, relatively; cheeseburgers for $12! Which is better than the $24 ones down the hill. :roll:

undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote:I feel lucky after finding a brewery at the top of the hill that sells cheap food, relatively; cheeseburgers for $12! Which is better than the $24 ones down the hill. :roll:
So you weren't at Deer Valley then, eh? I suspect a burger there will run substantially more than $24. It's not for the cheap-at-heart.
It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridjof Nansen
I hope to die in my ski boots... ...just not today. Me
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

Vince,

You didn't happen to notice if Park City TV still had their 2 712Ks? They were always parked over by Christy Sports. I don't think they drove them much since they always seemed to buried in snow. I only ever saw one on the road one time and that was about 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

No the film festival is on Main street mostly.

I didn't see a Pinz anywhere. Unlike when I was Big Bear close to Christmas when I saw 4 in two days!