Bronco?

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Bronco?

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Not that bad looking. Has an actual frame too! Ground clearance looks nice. Wonder what size tires those are.
If you're into conventional 4x4s, this looks 1000 times better than a jeep.
Attachments
2021-ford-bronco-2-door-006.jpg
2021-ford-bronco-2-door-006.jpg (211.65 KiB) Viewed 6132 times
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Joeri
Belgium

Re: Bronco?

Post by Joeri »

Yes i have seen them and it looks great...always been a big fan of the Bronco 1, owned a bronco II long time ago and had a great time driving that one...but then again it was heavely modified. Yust hope they will import this one to Europe and ad a great Diesel engine in it.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Wow this is a much more serious 4x4 than I ever would have thought. Prepare to be impressed:

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/07/13/202 ... ive-design

"....a six-speed manual with a crawler gear that, when equipped with the upgrade 4x4 system and its electromechanical transfer case, can achieve a crawl ratio of 94.75:1" !!

Lockers, super low range, 35"'s??? Finally a "Real 4x4" from the US? (I did like the H1)

Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

I hope the build quality is better than other similar products.
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
Derrickbwg
United States of America

Post by Derrickbwg »

Friends putting deposits down on the bronco and friends with jeeps bashing the bronco lol, Im getting it from both sides lol!

The good thing is it will force jeep to offer lockers, bigger stock tires (bronco offers 33 and 35's) etc to keep up with the new competition.

It looks good...though I did find this funny
jeep baby. jpg
Attachments
jeep baby.jpg
jeep baby.jpg (154.86 KiB) Viewed 6100 times
1975 710K
1974 710M
2018 G63
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

The options list is pretty amazing. Things like the upgraded shafts and axle ratio selections are making this a serious off-roader.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/attachme ... pdf.78434/

Dealer list file download:
Attachments
Bronco Accessory List FOR DEALERS.pdf
(442.77 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

I know several people putting deposits down for this new Bronco. It looks sharp.

That being said, I'd be hard-pressed to trade my FJC in for one of those. Too much history of reliability with Toyota, and uncertainty about a new Ford model. But time will tell...
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

VinceAtReal4x4s wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:20 pm Not that bad looking.
Hmmm that is one Ugly vehicle that only a Muther could love - that front end is overdone on the retro bit - too wide.
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
murrayjp
United States of America

Post by murrayjp »

I think it will turn in a SNOWFLAKE mode of transpertion sad very sad. Me I am fan of the 74 & 79 Bronco's
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

Do you not think it's a nice homage to the old Broncos, like the FJC is to the old FJ?
JungleJudah
United States of America

Post by JungleJudah »

Yeah, I was considering to buy Bronco. I am currently overseas on military deployment, and they have a great program which permits me to buy new vehicle at discount and ensure availability. I bought my Pinz not too long ago and was/am hoping for it to be daily driver and expedition vehicle. But realistically I should probably have a different vehicle at least for long range trips.

I was thinking Tesla Cybertruck, but it is continually delayed. And now doesn't even have a price, so will likely be much more expensive. And I have some hesitation on full reliance on electric & its batteries. So Bronco seemed great. And looks like there is possibility to camp in the backseat. But upon building a configuration on the website, you need to add a LOT of options (money) to even just get a basic realistic Bronco. This was quite dissapointing. And seems the Bronco is more hyped - cool factor, than compared to its actual use. At this point I could consider Jeep Wrangler 4xe; Hybrid - although further research seems the Hybrid capability is not actually that beneficial. And I agree with ChickenPinz about the uncertainty and reliability of (new) Ford vs Toyota (or Honda).

So I am circled back to my starting point. Another friend maybe provided the best advice, don't get a new vehicle - instead put any of those potential funds towards upgrading my Pinz!
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

JungleJudah wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:55 am But realistically I should probably have a different vehicle at least for long range trips...

So I am circled back to my starting point. Another friend maybe provided the best advice, don't get a new vehicle - instead put any of those potential funds towards upgrading my Pinz!
I think a lot depends on what your idea of "long range trips" is and what level of comfort you expect. I regularly run my Pinz on 1000+ mile trips, 50/50 trail/tarmac. I've done ~2500 miles with no complaints. That said, I do embrace the compromise and I've modified my Pinz quite a bit. 2.7L + EFI makes hauling my ~6800lb fully-loaded weight up longer highway inclines much more tolerable. EZ Power Steering reduces upper body fatigue dramatically after a long day behind the wheel. Building out the back for cargo, kitchen and bed also served to reduce in-cab noise and make having a conversation at highway speeds possible. In short, a few mods and a willingness to love the Pinz for it's Pinzi-ness can allow you to enjoy it as a long range expedition vehicle.

Now, if you still feel like a new vehicle might be the better option for your long range trips, and you appreciate the quality and manufacturing origins of the Pinz, then you might consider the Ineos Grenadier. After doing the research my wife and I have reserved a Grenadier and are looking forward to it becoming our expedition platform for trips >2500 miles. Magna (Steyr) engineering and manufacturing with an emphasis on utility...
Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]
Joeri
Belgium

Post by Joeri »

Or you could go for the Rivian ?
JungleJudah
United States of America

Post by JungleJudah »

Mr Zero,
Thanks for the valuable feedback. Pinzgauer setup is ultimate for overlanding, so would be great if I am confident enough (or personally sufficiently capable) for it to be as so.
Interesting about conversion to 2.7L + EFI, I don't know about this - I will need to research it.

Are you located in Las Vegas? My Air Force Reserve unit is in Las Vegas, so I am there sometimes. I am about to move from Dallas, TX to Jemez mountains of northern New Mexico.

Grenadier looks awesome, serious 4x4 - kind of redundant for having Pinz, well kind of back to original discussion. Although Bronco does seem more like consumer vehicle than serious expedition vehicle like Grenadier. Or maybe Grenadier is what I had originally thought of when I first looked at Bronco - utilitarian adventure vehicle for both offroad and onroad. But Bronco might be more hype and overprice, whereas Grenadier may be the actual real product.
More thoughts about Grenadier:
I really like it is so utilitarian. And value the customization, and also base model is still fully capable vehicle.
Yes, it appears should have reliability and longevity based on the build-type and components, but the vehicle (and the company) is new so not proven?
I also value their partnership with HALO Trust; I am EOD in the USAF.
I would hope for capability to sleep in the back, looks like this might be suitable option: https://www.theineosforum.com/post/slee ... r-12260685
MPG says 18.5, this is ok - acceptable. Especially for the type and capability of the vehicle. Also, for example its towing rating is that of a light truck, more than SUV.
So now the big question: what is the price range? I've seen starting at $54k and $84k?
Mr Zero
United States of America

Post by Mr Zero »

JungleJudah wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:57 am Interesting about conversion to 2.7L + EFI, I don't know about this - I will need to research it.
Jim Laguardia/Goatwerks is the go to on this. There are quite a few folks here on the forum with these mods.

JungleJudah wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:57 am Are you located in Las Vegas? My Air Force Reserve unit is in Las Vegas, so I am there sometimes.
Yes. Technically I'm in Henderson, but in the Las Vegas Valley. Feel free to reach out via PM. Always glad to meet-up and talk trucks.

JungleJudah wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:57 am ...it appears should have reliability and longevity based on the build-type and components, but the vehicle (and the company) is new so not proven?
It is a new company, but with a Magna/BMW production facility and personnel, Magna/BMW engineering, and well established/tested BMW and ZF components. No doubt that there will be kinks to work out after release, but I think the underpinnings are sound and well established to be reliable.

JungleJudah wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:57 am So now the big question: what is the price range? I've seen starting at $54k and $84k?
North American pricing is supposed to be finalized and released later this year. Conversion from the Australian market suggest a starting price at ~$65K.
Jason @battlebornpinzgauer
[1975 Pinzgauer 710K 2.7L EFI, 1972 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder]