Alvas Stalward 6 x 6 trucks

Posts about other Real 4x4's. Examples: Unimogs, Steyr-Puch G-wagens, Tatra, MAN, ex-military, etc. Please keep posts related to rare 4x4's, Euro/military/industrial and portal axle related off-road trucks. (This is not a Jeep forum)
Ditchdigger

Re: Alvas Stalward 6 x 6 trucks

Post by Ditchdigger »

I just about dropped the hammer on one last year. X-tourist truck. Thank God I did my homework. It was a salt water truck. :roll: . Walked, rather ran away. You need to be an engineer/machinist/and or a rich mommy or drug cartel to keep it on the road.
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Ahhh but you should have seen them....back in their heyday in the early 70,s in what was then West Germany.....they were the trucks that would keep the big artillery pieces supplied from the field ammo dumps, they could bring the ammunition pallets right up to the gun and would move mostly by night in convoys to the exercise locations and as far as I know would make their supply runs at night.....I used to think if it all kicks off I,m staying as far away from them as possible, with their exhausts and heat signature they would be an easy target for any infra red seekers.
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Supacat is a company in itself, and iirc, Alvis (BAE) has the military sales licences.
But the Alvis name on the dataplate made it easier for me to get insurance through the Auto Club :mrgreen:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
griff1218

Post by griff1218 »

There's a guy in Redmond, WA with one. I have seen it swimming in Lake Sammamish. I assume it is road licensed as there are only a few private areas to drive that thing in. He is on steelsoliders.