oil/water heat exchanger

Engine issues go here.
gunipinzmutt
Italy

oil/water heat exchanger

Post by gunipinzmutt »

Somebody deleted my question and substituted it with foll:
The development of new inhibitors of more user friendly than even a few years quench protein signals, making interpre
relative to other infants of the same age and gender, can be used to straight, feet slightly wider than shoulder-width the products for a full refund less s/h. We offer
I'm sure most of you are well aware that Florida was just hit by one of the worst hurricanes ever Hurricane Charley struck the SW coast of the state, then moved northeast across most of the Central
absorb vitamins from the environment it was the last to be knocked. Earlier theE-cadheringene, and a promotion of the
Last edited by gunipinzmutt on Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pinz: 710 m, 710 ms, 710 k, 712 m fla, 712 k, 716 m, 718 m san, 716 k, 718 rehinbraun
Haflinger: 700, 703
G: 250, 270, 400, 350
Unimog 406
M825, M151 A2, M416
Fiat Panda 141A 4x4
Fresia F18
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

The intent was for cooling. Mine had been removed from my Swedish 716 when I got it. Either it had failed (leaked) or removed for the cooler climate :?:
It is mounted between the the engine oil filter mount and oil filter with a longer pipe stub and filter gaskets.

Dave
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

My Swedish 716 too does not have the oil/water heat exchanger.
The seller told me that it had been removed because, in case of failure, oil and water would be mixed up - which is no good for the engine.
I then asked the opinion of a local VW diesel expert: he said that such failure can really happen, but in any case the exchanger would insure a better balance of oil / water temperatures. If it has been removed, it is very important to accurately warm up the engine to avoid head cracks and other damages.

Regards,
Ugo
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

I was told the 6 cyl TD engine had had uneven cooling problems. SDP had installed electric inline water pumps to maintain even block temps when the engine was shut off , TA 42 Item 10 in the Parts manual ( something else , mine doesn't have).
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

My Pinz has that water pump. I suspect she has it, at least: I can hear a whine for some time after engine shutoff. Not easy to hear anyway, as the pump (or whatever it is) is very quiet.
gunipinzmutt
Italy

Post by gunipinzmutt »

Both my swedish 716 k and my austrian 718 amb have such exchanger but I'm swapping the engine of the last one with the one from a Volvo td intercooler. This engine does not have said exchanger but an oil radiator. If the purpose of the exchanger is to cool the oil then I will go for the oil radiator.
I did not notice any electric water pump but will check.
Ugo, there is the possibility the noise you hear comes from pneumatic suspension control.
Bye
Gunipinzmutt
Pinz: 710 m, 710 ms, 710 k, 712 m fla, 712 k, 716 m, 718 m san, 716 k, 718 rehinbraun
Haflinger: 700, 703
G: 250, 270, 400, 350
Unimog 406
M825, M151 A2, M416
Fiat Panda 141A 4x4
Fresia F18
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

gunipinzmutt wrote:Ugo, there is the possibility the noise you hear comes from pneumatic suspension control
Nope - The pneumatic suspension control was disabled in my 716 (and rear springs changed with taller ones) when I got it. Furthermore, I removed the air compressor to make a portable tire inflator!

Cheers,
Ugo
fesm_ndt

Re: oil/water heat exchanger

Post by fesm_ndt »

Have found several alternatives for the oil/water heat exchanger off later VW/Audi vehicles.

I will update when the bits arrive as I want to ensure it fits neatly
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)