4WD won't unlock

Anything DIESEL driveline, axle, suspension related goes here.
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

The lock switches wiring on my TD had been messed up by some idiot working for the "famous" Swedish seller.
That so-called car electrician did so in attempt to solve a probeml caused by a stuck contact in the 4x4 lock actuator. I went crazy to trace such double failure ...
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Yeah Ugo,
I remember when you bought that truck, I had reservations about some of the work performed. Unfortunately, later you comfirmed those concerns :cry: :x .
I know I would never tackle a TD's 4x4/locker problem without a manual. Once you understand the logic the engineers used, it's easy... but too many people think they're smarter than the engineer, and in reality, their IQ is less than the number of digits on one hand :wink: :lol:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

you have to admit, some engineers though are really dumb :lol:

well not allowed to work on the Pinz on Christmas day (what a waste of a good public holiday)

So going to the Army Museum...
:lol: :roll: :lol:
Have a great day
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

fesm_ndt wrote:you have to admit, some engineers though are really dumb :lol:
They work for GM
...well not allowed to work on the Pinz on Christmas day (what a waste of a good public holiday)
tell her you're going out to decorate the Pinz... and take a lot of breaks :wink:
Have a great day
To sing Christmas carols in front of tanks? :lol:
Cheers
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

David Dunn wrote:
fesm_ndt wrote:you have to admit, some engineers though are really dumb :lol:
They work for GM
...well not allowed to work on the Pinz on Christmas day (what a waste of a good public holiday)
tell her you're going out to decorate the Pinz... and take a lot of breaks :wink:
Have a great day
To sing Christmas carols in front of tanks? :lol:
Cheers
Ok the SDP engineer that designed the connections for the 4wd vacuum actuator was a GIRL!!!!! Absolutly no space to 'easilly' connect/disconnect the damn thing as the actuating rod is accross the connections. The SDP engineer who designed the bodies was an ACCOUNTANT as he created so many rust traps so he could sell more (lucky I don't have salt on the roads here :lol: ). There was something else that was daft but I can't remember.

Had a great Christmas day looking at tanks and guns at the army museum, the missus was so happy. I think for Valentines day I may go to the armour museum :idea: .

Well no joy with the 4wd............
- electic valve is working
- i vacuum tested the actuator
- i need to maybe buy a new Y joint rubber bit from Magna Steyr, unless I can find a good one on the spare one (the parts manual says there are 6 on a truck, maybe on a 718).
- i am thinking though I had the rear end jacked up and would engage 4wd to see if the front would engage and push off the jack. But in hindsite I am figuring I need the front wheels to rotate so the gears line up and then engage ie I need forward movement y/n?
- also if I completely remove the actuator, I should be in 4wd y/n?

I know it is going to be something easy and stupid but will wait until next weekend to work it out.
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

off to try again tomorrow.....

Have a good new years TG guys :P :D
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)