Wedge for removal of halfaxle

Anything DIESEL driveline, axle, suspension related goes here.
aparg

Wedge for removal of halfaxle

Post by aparg »

Hi,
could anybody provide the dimensions of that tool. Looks like it could be build without to much effort.
Many Thanks
aparg
Tads

Post by Tads »

We've got one somewhere - I'll some dims for you

Tom
Tads

Post by Tads »

Aparg,

The complete axle puller is still available from Magna Steyr - part number 9053334042 with the excellent description "pulling-off device"!

If you still want dims of the wedge I'll try and produce a drawing for you sometime next week.

Tom
aparg

Post by aparg »

Hi,
many thanks for your efforts already. I do indeed prefer the dimensions. I assume that it will be helpfull to quite a hand full of people, since buying the part would make no sense for e.g. one axle cuff.
Many Thanks in advance.
Tads

Post by Tads »

Hi Aparg,

I've finished modelling the wedge - do you have access to any kind of CAD? If so, tell me what format and I can send you the info now. If not, I'll do a drawing for you to take to a machinist. One word of warning, the wedge I've got is machined from a pretty large billet and will probably cost a fair amount to get made. I could redesign it in two parts but this will be going away from the original - what would you prefer?

Tom
aparg

Post by aparg »

Hi,
many thanks. Unfortunatelly I dont have access to a CAD system. I could open jpeg and pdf if that is of any help to you. You dont need to make any changes to the original. Many Thanks for your efforts
Best regards
aparg
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

The three times I've needed one, a 1/2" wide cold chisel works great as a wedge, assuming that particular bit of housing separation is the same as for the old Pinz.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
aparg

Post by aparg »

Thanks for the hint.
However my right thumb would prefer the proper tool in the future. It worked but was quite an act. Therfore if anybody could provide me with the infos I would be very pleased.
Tads

Post by Tads »

Aparg,

You have PM

Tom