Axle Oil Leaks

Anything DIESEL driveline, axle, suspension related goes here.
HOOPS PINZ

Axle Oil Leaks

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

Ive notioced that the diesel Pinzs seem to have a bit of a weak spot in the axle O rings which are the seals for the drive shafts.

Does anyone know why they are prone to failure more so on the diesels ?

Steve
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

As far as I know the early P90's and P80's use the same O ring as 710/712

Later P90's and P93 use loctite instead of an O ring but not heard if any better
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
HOOPS PINZ

Post by HOOPS PINZ »

Hi Mike

Finally got my Pinz back they stripped the front axle out and replaced the plastic ring and sealer as per version 2. Also did the windscreen surround so hopefully no more problems.

I managed to buy one of the smaller fuel tanks so will get around to fitting that in soon. Have you fitted your intercooler yet i so how is it ?

Steve
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

I managed to get a complete P93 wreck so I am in the process of pulling the bits out to swap into mine.

The original plan was to do a bit at a time and keep mine running but there is a lot of bits that need changing (apart from the intercooler). I have an automatic gearbox and aircon to fit at the same time. Sounds easy enough but some of the routing of pipes etc requires a lot of access.

Also going to do my diffs also :cry:

So looks like will be another rather large project, but that's the fun part also :lol:
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)