Pinz 718 vector

Pretty much anything 716 or 718 technical that is not driveline or engine related.
Steve77
Great Britain

Pinz 718 vector

Post by Steve77 »

Hi,
I have bought an ex UK army 718 vector. It has some issues. Starter n/g. Glow plug heater ticking. No dash lights. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for one of these. I have looked at the 710/712 diagrams and they are not the same. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
David Dunn
United States of America

Re: Pinz 718 vector

Post by David Dunn »

Hello Steve, and welcome to the forum. Your questions should be in the Diesel Pinzgauer electrical section. The Vector has very little in common with any other Pinz, except possibly the 2.5 TDI models which would probably be the starting point for the Vector's electrical, and added onto for Vector specific items. Does your truck have this power distribution box behind the left seat? If so, re-ask your question in the TD section and I'll post a pdf of the electrical schematics there ( so not to confuse 710/12 owners :wink: ). FYI, there less than 1200 Pinzes made with the 2.5 TDI, and only 182 were Vectors

Cheers
Attachments
DSCN0317.JPG
DSCN0317.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 2040 times
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Hello Steve
The attached pdf are the electrical schematics for the 2.5 TDI Pinzes. Ain't your momma's Pinz! :lol:

Be aware that there is a 12v tap in the battery box ( the bottom battery ). Makes sure all batteries are charged ( these are a dual voltage vehicle) and use battery disconnect when you're away, there may be a parasitic drain on the lower battery.

Cheers
Attachments
TDI Elecrical.pdf
(2.53 MiB) Downloaded 149 times
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Tank School Pinz
Great Britain

Post by Tank School Pinz »

I have a 718 here in South Wales. Not sure if thats a photo of your Vector or David's californian 718. However it shows the VPDB (Vehicle Power Distribution Box). To its 'right', as viewed via the photo, is a further box screwed to the vehicle side, As mine is lhd, this other box is on the lhs, or nearside if you are in the UK. Not sure where it is on a Vector though.The circuit diagram that you have there does not include this other box on the side.

My 0-12v battery drains. In fact when the motor is running, there is a voltage imbalance; 16.5v across the 12 to 24v battery and only 11.5v across the first 0 to 12v battery. Now the circuit diagram uploaded does show a battery equaliser. But on my 718, that battery equaliser appears not to be there (in the VPDB), instead things have been changed slightly by the presence of a a 'battery charger' that is located in that box on the side. This charger is designed as: '24v supplying a 12v to the 0-12v battery' (I think!). Still with me ?! currently I am investigating the possible failure of the charger to cause the imbalance. That imbalance eventually discharges the 0 to 12v battery and that results in loads of starting problems...... clear as mud?