Swiss Army Green Bedliner

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Tom Childers

Post by Tom Childers »

I seem to remember a post some time ago with pics of a Pinz whose interior had been coated with bedliner material tinted with OD paint. It looked great.

I have purchased SEM tintable bed liner and the Swiss Army Green two part urethane. The problem is. no one (at the local auto paint shop, and the SEM directions are a bit fuzzy) seems to agree on the ratio of paint to bedliner and if the paint should be activated before introduction to the SEM or not.

Would like to talk to the person how did it and get the straight scoop before I go and ruin some expensive coating materials.

Thanks

Tom Childers
Tom Childers
1972 700 AP NA
Gainesville, GA
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

Hi tom that was me. I mixed up all the paint and the urethane and then made small batches with the hardener that could be sprayed quickly. The stuff sets up hard enough in 15 to 20 minutes so that it can’t be sprayed out of the gun. You constantly have to mix new batches and spray it quickly to keep from ruining the schutz gun or the coating. I also purchased Trim tap www.trimtape.com with wire inside is used to make a nice sharp line around the edges. If you use masking tape it can get stuck under the bedliner. In my 712 I used 2 kits to do all the back and front including the doghouse. Hope this helps.

Bernhard
Bernhard
1973 712M
1975 710K
2013 Tacoma TRD 4X4
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

I beleve the mix Ratio was 2oz of paint per gallon but i cant remember exactly. dont use any paint hardener (paint only).

Bernhard
Bernhard
1973 712M
1975 710K
2013 Tacoma TRD 4X4
Tom Childers

Post by Tom Childers »

Thanks Bernhard,

That is exactly the info that I was lookinig for! Now I hope that mine turns out as well as your did.

Thanks again
Tom Childers
Tom Childers
1972 700 AP NA
Gainesville, GA