Saving fuel.

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

lindenengineering

Saving fuel.

Post by lindenengineering »

So guys, what would you say when the wife says she has something that will save up to 20% in fuel consumption for the family car.
My reaction was "bah humbug snake oil". Or in this case Snake pills.

As most of you married blokes will attest you often have to go along with the little lady's beliefs just for marrital harmony.

Well several days ago I jumped in my wife's Disco and discovered how smooth it was, she confirmed that she had realized a dramatic increase in how far she could go on a tank full. Then guys would call me at the shop wanting more of these bloody pills she's been distributing out of our shop, under my nose!
Even the local truck training school has been trying them in their Peterbilts powered by a Detroit 60 series. The maintenance guy Tom is delighted, his boss has announced they went from 6.1 mpg to 8.8 when using these "pills". When you bunker up diesel at $3.06/gal, a 1000 gallons every half week the savings start adding up.
Even John my right hand man has tried them in his Pinzie on a trip to Moab.
So in short I have had to eat humble pie!

Check out the company's web site on www.paidtosavefuel.com
If you want more info you can always e mail Linda for info lindeneng@qwest.net.

Women gotta love 'em.
Dennis
Twebba

Post by Twebba »

So here's a follow-up question back at ya...

Their website states:
MPG-Cap™ is a 100% organic engine conditioner that simultaneously improves fuel economy and power by creating a micro-thin coating on the combustion chamber in your engine allowing your fuel to burn more efficiently.
For those of us who occassionally put a lead additive into the tank (like every 5th fill-up or so)...
Does this "Micro-thin coating" replace the need for the occassional lead additive?

And, please... I'm not trying to re-hash that topic - I know it's been exhausted in the past.

I'm just wondering if that magic pill would kill 2 birds with one stone.
(Or is my ingnorance on the subject flashing like a bright neon sign?)
~ TW ~
'73 710K
lindenengineering

'Tweeba'

Well from what I observed apparently it does, but I am so sceptical I am not the one to be a good reporter on this.

If you want, why not give them a try since you are a local guy so to speak.

By the way the neck insert I will have available soon I just haven't had the time to finalise the form to get it to lock into the neck of the fuel tank yet.
Dennis
Tony

Post by Tony »

About 8 months ago I bought a device called a Turbo Magnetic Tesla Coil Fuel Molecule Motivation Inducer. TMTCFMMI for short.

Since then the amount of gas that my Pinz M-12 uses has dropped to nearly nothing.

In Sept. when I get my license back, I plan on installing one on my Stanley Steamer.

Are these pills blue? I have some friends that say they get a real increase in mileage, and getup and go, after they use some blue pills that their wives give to them. Since I am not married I don't know, but it sounds like the same thing that you are talking about.

Would these pills work with a Segway?
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Okay guys lets look at the numbers, they claim a 10% increase, of course that is with a fuel injected car. They also state one pill per tank full. The Pinz holds 20gal x 15mpg = 300 miles per tank full 10% increase is 30 extra miles per tank or 2 free gallons of gas $6.00 - $2.00 for the magic pill = a savings of $4.00 per tank. So after a year of use and the possible motor rebuild, just how much money have you saved! :shock:

It amazes me that every time gas prices go up, someone comes out with a product to fatten up there wallets, with little to no benefit to the desperate and misinformed ( lied to ) poorest of the population. The wealthy could care less about saving $4.00 per tank of gas!!

Just my $4.00 worth, Miles
lindenengineering

I dunno about blue pills but as a sceptic I am going to try these brownish coloured in my Rangie.

We will see, I am the worst bloke to try a thing like this but the clamour of other people has made me want to see what all the fuss is about.

Going back to the blue pills thingies just for a moment, I haven't tried these either but alot of folk have expounded their virtues as well.

Once upon a time I had a girl friend who was a Covent Garden Ballet Dancer. In Barbadoes a feeble old man in a bath chair said "my word --Your young lady?" "MM fit as a butcher's dog I bet"!
Yes I replied, then he asked 'how's the legs'?
Fine I answered.
He continued, "The problem with us men is it gets us in the legs.'
At 40 its got you in the right leg, at 60 in the left one and by the time you are 80 its got you in the middle leg"!

Looking at the young lady he then said with a knowledgeable look, "enjoy"
Dennis