After Market seats

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Post by 2012 »

fer sure. i meant what you see in the link i provided there.

and hey, the red pills are awesome. the blue ones SUCK.
Lightningpinz

Post by Lightningpinz »

This thread has also been flogged ad nauseum. I'm running the Honda Civiv CRX seats.. That is a popular mod, some are also using the Geo tracker seats. My criteria was I put my thumb on the cushion and my fingers under the cushion to gie a max cushion height when I was cruising the junk yards.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

I am also using the CRX seats. I have found that you need to look for seats with 4" of seat height and no more than 19" wide to fit the Pinz. There are a lot of seats that fit this criteria. The honda prelude, mazda rx7, most of the honda civic line. In the searches I did the only seats I could find that would work, were from import cars. Americans are just too wide. I used 3/4 sq tubing which fits nicely into the front seat supports and 1/8" diamond plate to attach to the same points as the stock seats. Yes the high back seats are heavier but worth every ounce.
Mike

Post by 2012 »

"americans are just too wide..." :lol:

do you have pix of your seat structure anywhere available?
Last edited by 2012 on Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

I have some pics and can send them if you like.
Mike
Jimm391730
United States of America

American Seats

Post by Jimm391730 »

I'm using '91 Eagle Talon seats (that's american, ain't it?) and although I did get them to fit, it wasn't for the faint of heart. But with over 25k miles in these seats (in the Pinz, not the Talon) I can say that they are really comfy!

Jim M.
712W and 710M
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Eagle Talon is an American screwdriver operation by Chrysler Corp of a "Mitsupussie."
Great car I gave mine to my 17 year old daughter.
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

I'm putting in seats from a Hyundai Tiburon. I liked the shape and feel of them, and really liked the price $50.00 for the set.

Just have to fabricate the mount. My thinking is go with any smaller, sporty car that sells in high volume and you should be able to get replacement foam and covers.

Miles
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Looks very nice miles. I have to change mine seats too.... there are a few scrap yards not far that I have to go visit.

Scooter

Post by 2012 »

i love this bb!! i am so addicted to this repository of data - when i'm really supposed to be working.
wd8cdh

Post by wd8cdh »

Of all of the seats people have tried, are any of them LOWER than stock? I will have to check mine tonight, they came from a 1990 Mitsubishi Van.
Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
'73 710M