Recaro Seat conversion

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

purplePinzer

Post by purplePinzer »

i got seats from cold war remarketing, they cost me a lot of money but they went right in. racing seat style
72 710m blurple paint!
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

I'm running Beard high back Rhino seats with head rests. They fit like they were made for the truck. I mounted them on a couple of modified seat frames I got from Andre Swanson. You may want to contact him if you decide to go this route. The advantage with modified seat frames is that you retain the factory mounts and ease of removal.

The Beard seats gain about an inch of headroom over the stock seats. The only drawback is that the cushion is about an inch shorter from front to back so it's not as supportive. I only find this to be a problem on long trips on pavement. Once off road they're far more comfortable than the stock seats.
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
Pinz Enthusiast

Post by Pinz Enthusiast »

I got my Recaros from Patrick about 2 years ago, seems to me they only cost about $1400.00 for the pair with brackets, I love the seats and hate the brackets, Bernhard who doesnt visit here as much anymore made up his own , was sort of a flat panel of either a thick aluminum or steel, with notched blocks for the front part of the mounts and obviously a hole for the wing nut at the rear, it seems he has gaind about an inch to an inch and a half over my mounts, he also removed the sliding rails so he had to make the panel to fit the seat for him only....
Eric
Anaheim Hills, Ca
1973 712M
1996 LR Disco I
2003 LR Discovery SE
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor MH
hope to get a 1969 Ford M656