limiting straps, Best price?

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

skybarney

limiting straps, Best price?

Post by skybarney »

Wel looks like a Pinz is not all that indestructable! I was out having a bit of fun and failed one strap completely and two others need to be replaced.

Ouch, Not what I needed right now. Anyway who has the best price on them?
Tim Nelson
1972 710m
"ParaPinz"
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

Eurotruck Imports had reasonably priced used ones in the past. I bought three a while back but I don't recall the price.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

I blew three or four limit straps on two trucks the first month I had them. The straps most likely hadn't been off-roaded much before since they immediatly broke on me. The new ones are holding tough-probably won't ever need to think about them again. Go with OEM replacements! I tried a 'replica' once ($15 cheaper) and broke it right away! The OEM straps are still looking brand new and should last another 30 years.
bernhard

Post by bernhard »

I made my own 4 years ago and they still look brand new. Took some 1000 pound test 2 inch nylon webbing sowed two of them together for even more strength then sowed loops on the end. I had to press the steel bushings out of the old straps to use as spacers. Ill get some picks up soon. Total cost in material was 40.00 and that made 5 straps.

Bernhard
Bernhard
1973 712M
1975 710K
2013 Tacoma TRD 4X4