Exhaust in cabin

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

jgeesen

Post by jgeesen »

Yer heat exchanger will pump exhaust into the cab if it is bad. Are your HVAC levers up or down (the red and blue knobs)? You will get less fumes if the heat is off, but I don't know how tight the damper seals - Dennis?

Post by 2012 »

i'm getting exhaust in MY cabin when the top is off or a window is open. so i guess it's coming from the tail pipe right there.

have any of you with the mod'd pipes that go out farther back noticed a decrease in exhaust in your cabin? and how do you guys know what the hell i'm saying with all my typing errors?
Last edited by 2012 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foz

Post by Foz »

No exhaust in the cab... used the EI kit.

http://expeditionimports.zoovy.com/c=4Q ... ct/EIC1650

Foz

Post by 2012 »

looks xlnt! did you buy it online and weld it in yourself?

i can't remember if wayne roberts' has the braided section like that. i need it all!
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

2012- Foz and I have the same kit. It came from Scott at EI. If you look at picture #3 you can see that Foz ran his through the body mount and then curve around and out. On mine we ran the pipe up into the wheel well and I have had some rubbing issues. I believe that if I had it to do again that I would go the same route as Foz. The braided steel hose is a GREAT IMPROVEMENT over the old piston ring style that came from the factory. You can just buy the hose section and not the rest of the kit. You have a brand new stainless steel pot belly muffler so I would not change it but I would change the flex to this style when (and it will) starts to leak. Since installing the EI kit I have had no exhaust in the cab.

Post by 2012 »

ha! yeah! then that's my 1st priority. so can i just go to some muffler shop and have them install a braided section like that? is it some standard part?
MarkPinz
United States of America

Post by MarkPinz »

Tried to order one of those flex connects from EI few months ago, they were having quality control problems with the vendor & were backordered.
Just get in and go....