EFI Kit Nearing Completion

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

The Christmas shipping hurdles impacted the fuel pumps and pressure regulatorsfrom getting to us on time before part of my crew left for the Holiday break.

We now have EVERY single component completed, and already have the systems labeled and some of them packaged. We have decided to wait until next week to ship as we are still working a skeleton crew and the shippers are still AFU. If kits are shipped now we run a higher risk of damage and losses, so a few more days won't hurt.

Look for a final pre-delivery post on our Pinz EFI forum later this week that will outline the shipping plans and how to inventory the box when it does arrive. I'll also be posting pics of the completed kits in a thread on my forum as well.

This is the worlds most horrible time to ship, last week a part was shipped from 60 miles away and it took 6 days to get to me via UPS!
Jake Raby
Owner, Raby's Aircooled Technology
www.aircooledtechnology.com
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

The Christmas shipping hurdles impacted the fuel pumps and pressure regulatorsfrom getting to us on time before part of my crew left for the Holiday break.

We now have EVERY single component completed, and already have the systems labeled and some of them packaged. We have decided to wait until next week to ship as we are still working a skeleton crew and the shippers are still AFU. If kits are shipped now we run a higher risk of damage and losses, so a few more days won't hurt.

Look for a final pre-delivery post on our Pinz EFI forum later this week that will outline the shipping plans and how to inventory the box when it does arrive. I'll also be posting pics of the completed kits in a thread on my forum as well.

This is the worlds most horrible time to ship, last week a part was shipped from 60 miles away and it took 6 days to get to me via UPS!
Jake Raby
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

Jake Raby
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

Sorry for the triple post.. I entered it when the site crashed for a few minutes and it uploaded multiple times!

Pics of the kit will be posted on the FI owners forum later tonight1
Jake Raby
Foz

Post by Foz »

How's about someone cross posting pics here ... I'd be curious to see the parts set.

TIA
Foz
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

I have asked that the component pictures stay on my private forums, where I have copyright control. There are lots of reasons for this, but primarily because I have a party that is seriously interested in purchasing the rights to the kit to offer in the future to the Pinz following.
Jake Raby
Foz

Post by Foz »

OK - then will one of the new owners please post a few pics of the kit when they receive it. This would resolve the matter of copywrite issues as to Jake's marketing pics.

TIA
Foz
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

What components are you interested in seeing most?

I might just go ahead and post it all, someone is bound to copy that damn work anyway. May as well give them an illustrated guide.
want the inventory and part numbers too?

(components being copied are a serious sore subject for guys like me, I'd expect to see this plenum knocked off and made in China within a year)
Jake Raby
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Jake, India is cheaper for mass production. :lol: :lol:

Foz, Why do you need pics all the info, for the most part is all ready on the forum. The three EFI suppliers have posted a mountain of information. The info posted already should be enough for any one with the skills to come with their own. Just is easier to buy one already made. :D
Foz

Post by Foz »

Jake:

I would like to see the whole package. I have avidly followed your descriptions of the design and testing of your system... facisinating... my curiosity is boundless. But my interest is just that, curiosity [well, that and an expectation that the rig will look and perform pretty sweet].

Given my understanding you are now shipping your systems and thus they will be getting installed and driven around the public domain [and moreover the fact you will not be making more], I am a bit surprised at reticence with regard to flashing a few pics around. That is your call of course, but I reckon your return on the project is going to mostly be bragging rights and I would be receptive if you are inclined to brag a bit [with pics!].

If you are not so inclined, I respect your choice to do as you like - and fully recognize you've no obligation to explain anything to me. I guess I can wait for the owners to post pics of their installs and do a little bragging of their own about your work, but it is always more fun to get the straight dope from the horses mouth so to speak.

Erik:

Thanks, but no thanks, my stock carb system is still clunking along at the moment. If I ever do decide to go EFI I imagine, given all the progress made in just the last year in Pinz EFI system design, that it will behoove me to check around to see what is the latest and greatest in this field should I decide I want EFI at some future date - bound to be more choices and ideas in the field in the coming months and years. Even if Jake does indeed fold his hand on this concept it seems that other camels still have noses in the tent. :shock:
Foz
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

Even if Jake does indeed fold his hand on this concept it seems that other camels still have noses in the tent.
I am sure that more kits will follow. The interested party that wants to buy the design rights to my system will do good things with it I am sure, if that deal works out.

I am sure that others will follow as well, once the trail is blazed its lots simpler to walk.... Jim and I have done that.

For this to be profitable enough for me to sit time aside for it in my shop I'd have to charge 5K per kit and its not worth that.. We have really big fish to fry here and not enough specialized man power to support these kits in the future.
Jake Raby
jchobby
United States of America

EFI ship

Post by jchobby »

Jake, I haven't heard anything about kit shipments. Any idea yet?
Jamey Rhoades
712M, EFI any time now, diesel trans, line-x, charcoal paint, the list goes on & on, and a smile every time I drive it.
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

ALL kits in the Continental US have been shipped as of 1 week ago... Customers as far away as Alaska have received their kits already.

All the updates and support for the RAT FI system have been going on at my forums, thats why not much mention has occurred here.

Only one system remains to be shipped, it's headed to Japan... I am finishing the DVD editing tonight and then we'll be 100% completed with this and all obligations will be fulfilled..

Jamey, have you been keeping up on my forums?
Jake Raby
MASSIVE PINZ

Post by MASSIVE PINZ »

Jamey, I tracked the package.

Here are the results:
Ship date Jan 22, 2009
> Destination Lake Placid, NY
> Delivery date Jan 27, 2009 12:23 PM
> Signed for by DHAYES
> Service type Ground-Direct Signature Required-Domestic
>
> Tracking results as of Jan 27, 2009 5:20 PM CST
>
> Date/Time Location/Activity
> Jan 27, 2009 12:23 PM Lake Placid, NY/Delivered
> Jan 27, 2009 5:41 AM PLATTSBURGH, NY/On FedEx vehicle for delivery
> Jan 27, 2009 2:31 AM PLATTSBURGH, NY/At local FedEx facility
> Jan 26, 2009 9:15 PM ALBANY, NY/In transit
> Jan 26, 2009 7:01 PM SYRACUSE, NY/Departed FedEx location
> Jan 26, 2009 4:09 PM SYRACUSE, NY/Arrived at FedEx location
> Jan 23, 2009 7:40 AM CHARLOTTE, NC/Departed FedEx location
> Jan 23, 2009 3:44 AM CHARLOTTE, NC/Arrived at FedEx location
> Jan 23, 2009 3:41 AM CHARLOTTE, NC/Shipment exception
> Jan 22, 2009 3:13 PM ATHENS, GA/Picked up
> Jan 22, 2009 11:44 AM /Shipment information sent to FedEx
>
> Disclaimer
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
> This tracking update has been sent to you by FedEx on the behalf of the
> Requestor noted above.

------------------------
So, its been delivered to your specific ship to address as of today :-)
Jake Raby
pinzdriver

EFI KITS

Post by pinzdriver »

Jake it's tony in phoenix i have not seen or heard any thing on my kit? :cry:
tony in az 73 pinz 6X6
pinzdoctor is the name,pinz repair is the game!