Tighten the Little screws that hold the door latch covers.

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Scottie
United States of America

Tighten the Little screws that hold the door latch covers.

Post by Scottie »

Ever since I bought my Pinz last summer the little screws that hold the inside door latch covers on have ranged from snug to very very loose. I had snugged them up when I first bought it and they worked themselves loose again. So I would tighten them occasionally but after 2 worked themselves all the way out I decided to replace them all. Tonight I finally took the time to unscrew one and take it with me to my local hardware store to find the right size so I could replace all 10 remaining and 2 missing with nice new stainless steel screws. They are M4 .70 pitch my new ones are 12 mm long. It made an immediate difference! I had thought that my door seals were shot or that the window part of the drivers side door had been bent, no it was all just a matter of torquing those little suckers down. I never would have believed that just torquing them down would make such a big difference. I will check the old screws to see if the threads by the tops were corroded or such because when I have tightened the covers down before I never had the top of the door seal press firmly against the top metal and it is also much quieter and warmer inside also. I feel like an idiot but it was the best $2.04 I have spent on my Pinz.

Scottie