NEW TIRES!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

ABSOLUTSECURITY

NEW TIRES!!! YAHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

I just got 7 BRAND NEW INTERCO TRXUS MUD TERRAIN 255-85-16 tires :D :D :D off the fedex truck today :D :D ! Cant wait to go to my guys tire store and have the DYNA beads and tires installed - I will let you guys know how I like them and how the DYNA BEAD BALANCING MEDIA seems to work for me!

Its just gonna be really nice to toss those MALOYA PIECE OF SH&% tires out and have some real RUBBER on the road!!

Any one in CA want me to save the MALOYA POS TIRES for them ? - If you do let me know and you can come by my place and pick them up! Otherwise Im gonna leave them at the tire shop for recycle. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

G
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

those are he tires i've decided on as well, should pick up 5 this week while in Colo. but they won"t make it to AK until june when a friend is driving to Alaska. post a picture and report after you try them-pat
Boelt63A
United States of America

Dyna Beads

Post by Boelt63A »

how have the dyna beads worked out for you? :?:
'74 710M Wrecked/Rolled
"The Worm"
'76 712M
718 Turbo Diesel
NC_Mog

Post by NC_Mog »

I used Equal; same concept but different product. Works well. Also the Trxus MT are light years ahead of the stock tires. The steering effort was cut by 50%.
Kimball
1979 712M
Boelt63A
United States of America

Post by Boelt63A »

Any price difference between equal and Dyna-Beads?

Chuck
'74 710M Wrecked/Rolled
"The Worm"
'76 712M
718 Turbo Diesel
NM_Mogman

Trxus tires

Post by NM_Mogman »

So, how do they look on the Pinz? Do you have a photo of them yet? I would like to see the comparison as to the size difference and any info on the change if any in power or road speed.

Thanks,
Phil
ScottishPinz
Great Britain

Post by ScottishPinz »

Tyres don't change your power!
NC_Mog

Post by NC_Mog »

I don't have a pic yet. The size I picked match the stock tires, just a bit wider so I think they make the Pinz look a bit better. Therefore, there is no change in road speed or acceleration. I still can't get over the change in steering effort. I had replaced tires on a previous 710M, but selected bias Swampers. The steering effort did not improve. The radial Trxus, and my guess is any good radial tire, made a big difference.

I'm now a true believer in replacing the stock tires. It only took 8 years after my first Pinz purchase. :oops:
Kimball
1979 712M
NM_Mogman

Post by NM_Mogman »

Ok, I mis-worded things by saying a change in power. What I meant was any change in acceleration or greater loss of speed on inclines. I am about to order a set of tires next week and am stuck between the TSL Radials or the Trxus (they are radials, right?). I have already ordered the balancing beads and I hope they make as much of a difference as I am hoping for.

Phil
man on the mule

Post by man on the mule »

short reply to the power thing . the larger the circumferance of the tire the greater the distance covered per rotation. maybe only couple inches per rotation but lots of rotations at say 60 mph. from experiance with a dodge diesel(the only reliable speedo ive got)the differance in speed with a 215 x85x16 to a285 x 85 x16 was a documented 6 mph.(as the officer said "you should of known better son"( odd thing was im old enough to be his daddy ,not son.)also it takes a little more effort to turn a bigger tire so...little less guts up mts. and sand.....
man on the mule. keep it real.
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

can you put a 285 on a stock rim???

Just checking - not sure I want them that wide though

Jer Bear
AK NIMROD

Post by AK NIMROD »

jerbear- probably not recommended, see what tire manufacturer says. trxus web site will show that.
mine had 13" wide tires on stock rims (10-12 inch rims recommended) previous owner had no problems i was not comfortable with that. i had wide rims made ( not cheap and there was a problem with those as well bolting on properly not a perfect fit) but acceleration and top speed take a beating with bigger tires . i much prefer the 255 on my stock rims over the bigger tires and wide rims, and really wish i had never spent the money on the wide rims.
also when you get the new tires think about the equal powder ( or similar product) in them instead of needing them balanced. my understanding that takes special balancer to balance stock wheels?????center hole is not centered so it has to be attached by lug holes? one of the guys alot more knowledgeable than me maybe will chime in and clarify that.
FYI-there is an electrical problem that mine had early on ( and a common problem from my understanding) ( won't start because battery does not charge properly)and would have been a real problem if i was driving it back to Alaska.
there is a thread or two ? 10-12 months ago. ????plastic connecter/ plug that a red wire goes to from alternator, gets corroded as i recall and cleaning or replacement takes care of it. basically simple fix if you know about it.
krick3tt

balancing beads

Post by krick3tt »

I did a bit of research before getting the beads. Chose the ceramic beads rather than the powder as the powder can clump if wet and the beads are ceramic and willl not clump. Can't use the tire inflater in a can no matter which you choose as it will glob them up. Really like the beads. Don't come off on the trail and on the hiway they even out the vibrations better.

Morris

I have seen the future and it is just like the present, only longer. (Annon)
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Jer, I agree with Nimrod i have 33*12.50 tires on mine on after market rims. they seem to throw a lot more mud and snow up the side of the pinz you loose side visability pretty quick ifit is muddy my mirrors even get covered.
man on the mule

Post by man on the mule »

opps my mistake... iwasnt clear in saying that the tires i was talking about were the ones on my dodge diesel. my pinz has 265/75/16 on it and i like the ride an the slight gain in top end speed without losing much torque.they are high profile enough to give the max clearance . a problem that ive had here in the souhtern rockies is that with a really wide tire i hit that many more rocks than i do with a tall narrow tire. the wide ones would be great sand and mud floatation but i can only pray for enough rain here in southern az. to make mud!
man on the mule. keep it real.