New Insurance Source For PINZ

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

My insurance agency changed hands, and the new owner is a car guy. He represents Hagerty Collector Car Insurance, and I will save over $300/yr.

If you have more than one collector car, you only pay one liability charge! No deductable, agreed value, you can even get flat bed towing!

I have no financial interest in this company, I just want other PINZ owners to know what is out there.

Mods, please move this post to the right forum.
Pinz Enthusiast

Post by Pinz Enthusiast »

Sleuth,

Thanks New Insurers are always welcome in the pinz comunity, and hagerty is a reputable insurer, as a almost daily driver of my pinz and a business use, I and I suspect others would not be able to use them as the have milage restrictions, while they do not post them on their site I know as a former ins. agent myself that the milage you will be "allowed" to drive "your" pinz is 2000mi to2500mi, thats very gracious of them, I usually do 1500mi plus in a month. Here is a excert from their policy reguarding usage: Flexible Usage. Drivers can enjoy their classics with comfortable limits. Our policy allows for an occasional leisure drive, not just to parades or car events. Also if you were to drive to a non covered event and be involved in an accident they will not cover you.

Not bagging on you but if you want to actually drive your pinz (its not theirs), then you will need a more mainstream insurer, I spent weeks on the forums and actually calling insurers gathering info before I bought my 712m, even called our home policy insurance agent (state farm) and was told they would never insure a vehicle like that, well a few weeks and many phone calls later I got full coverage, over $500,000.00 in P&C coverage, full liability, towing, roadside assistance, etc.. from another state farm agent, and guess what they didnt tell me I can only drive it 2500 miles a year, just got my 6 mos premium bill in the mail yesterday, it's only $600.21 for above coverages, Now don't everybody claim I am paying too much I use my pinz for off road tours and it's a business policy, general use policy would be less.

I should also state I just had a rate reduction of almost $200.00 per 6 mos and am getting a $180.00 rebate back. So while "collector Car Policies" are great if you have a collector car I really don't think it's the right type of coverage for the majority of us in the Pinz community, Again not bagging just my 2 cents.
Eric
Anaheim Hills, Ca
1973 712M
1996 LR Disco I
2003 LR Discovery SE
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor MH
hope to get a 1969 Ford M656
Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

No problemo. One size does NOT fit all.

My PINZ is my 'ranch truck', with occasional trips into town (40 mile round trip). Since my odo does not work, I'll bet I only put on 1,500 miles a year, much in the "snow" and "mud" seasons.

That's not a bad cost for a commercial insurance policy in the PRC.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

I carry insurance from Hagerty on my '73 Pantera, and I agree that they're great to work with. However, when I inquired about coverage for my 712M, I was told they couldn't insure it, or at least would frown upon off-road driving with the Pinz. I couldn't understand why anyone would offer insurance with that restriction on a Pinz, or buy it either. My insurance, liability only, is through Drive (Progressive), and so far so good.
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I have Hagerty to insure a classic muscle car I own. One of the provisions in their policy is that you have to keep the vehicle in a locked and enclosed garage. How many Pinz owners have that luxury?