Bead Locks for the Pinz!

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Colorado Ron

Bead Locks for the Pinz!

Post by Colorado Ron »

Looks like Poison Spyders new Bead Locks will be available in Pinz bolt pattern.

"Expedition Junkie"

www.Offroad-Adventure-Travel.com
Where ADVENTURE is our middle name
todds112

Post by todds112 »

The design looks nice, but those are going to be a PITA to keep the rocks, dirt, snow/ice out of.
1973 712M
Colorado Ron

Post by Colorado Ron »

Im curious about these as well--first time Ive seen these on a pinz. Anyone have info?

"Expedition Junkie"

www.Offroad-Adventure-Travel.com
Where ADVENTURE is our middle name
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Those are Hutchinson <sp?> beadlock, also used on G Wagons ( and others). 716/18s and G Wagons have a different lug bolt pattern than the 710/12.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Twebba

Post by Twebba »

If anyone is looking for some REALLY good bead locks for the stock rims, please reply to this thread or P.M. me.

I've been in close communication with the U.S. Staun rep and he's put me in touch with a reseller who can deliver them for a very, VERY good price.
The problem is that 16 x 6 1/2 inch is a weird size from them and they would have to be delivered from the factory in Australia, which isn't a problem, but they want to do so in a batch of 3, 4 or more.

Anyone unfamiliar with Staun should check out their website and view their system. - Very high-quality stuff. Those Australians know how to make stuff for rugged conditions... they don't call it the Outback for nothin' (Right Peter?:wink:)
Unlike outer add-ons to the rims (or new rims altogether) these are internal 'tubes' made of a very strong material that press the bead against the rim from the inside. (Just check out the link below, you'll see what I mean).
In a real pinch, they can even act like a 'run flat' after a blow-out.
Here's the link:
http://www.staunproducts.com/beadlock.php

I'm not a sales guy (or even close), but I've been looking at these for a while. When the guy quoted me the price, I was floored :shock:. It was almost half of what I'd seen on specialty 4x4 sites, so now I'm just trying to round up a few more interested Pinz owners with stock-sized rims so it's worthwhile for him to get them to us.

... And yes, he can get them for the wider rims as well, in fact, they probably don't need to be sent special from the factory.

Let me know if this sounds interesting to anyone...
~ TW ~
'73 710K
grayroad

Staun Beadlocks

Post by grayroad »

While your on the Staun website, go to "Reviews" then click on the third link under user testimonials, "Cory Gary". Hey they spelled my name wrong!

Cory Gray