Thanks for the forum

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

JNijst
Netherlands

Thanks for the forum

Post by JNijst »

Hi everyone,

I know this is not the correct place for this subject, but was afraid it might get lost in the general lot, as I seldom read anything else than the technical section.

I am a happy first time Pinzgauer owner in the Netherlands (710M - 1975) and I owe it all to this forum. Because without the wealth of information I found here, I would have never bought one, out of fear that anything could go wrong and I would depend ONLY on a mechanic to help me out. For sure they need to earn a living like everyone, but we don't have dedicated Pinzgauer-garages / mechanics in Holland. I guess there are maybe 10, max. 20 Pinzgauers in Holland.

So a deeply felt thank you to you all, in the land of the brave and free for keeping the Pinz going and telling all what you do with your Pinz. My greatest thanks goes to Vince Sweeney, because without his effort there is no forum. I just donated via PayPal, hope others will do too. I just saw the member-list and saw that 80% SPAM is trying to lodge on as members. This must be a headache for Vince trying to weed out the SPAM-rats.
I am also enormously gratefull to Dennis from Linden-Engineering and Jim Laguardia. Whatever these 2 say about our Pinzes become golden rules in my book. There are a ton of others also with valuable info !

I am just as gratefull for Jake Raby for trying out and testing the EFI system. (AND Jim Laguardia) There is no way such a thing would come off the ground in Europe, just not enough crazies and dedication here. OK individuals doing things, but not for the general good. Such as SDP-Pinzgauer with a great site for info.

Anyway you get the picture. I am gratefull to you all for keeping this thing alive and kicking. I am trying to set up a web-site later with info for the general good. First project is sound isolation...

Good luck to you all

Jules Nijst
Pinz of rock - 710M / 1975 (Austrian Army)