How about a new subject? Tires.

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

rollingpinz

Post by rollingpinz »

Hello

I have seen pics of a yellow pinz with a black top in the desert and it had 5-spoke rims similar if not identical to those that were sold on the first Dodge Ram truck with the "Kenworth-style" hood. Where did those come from.

Eric P
How would an ice-age end without global warming?
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Was it. Beachpinz on the forum? If so he used a adapter. When I first started looking for rims. I contacted Scott for the back spacing and bolt pattern. I took that information to a rim shop they were able to come up with three options. I imagine they could come up with a few more today.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

Here is a pic of a 712 with the 5 spoke rims on it. They have since been changed back to steel as the mag wheels were being damaged too much in offroad conditions.
Mike
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Didn't think mark did any heavy of roading. doesn't he have the neon lights bellow. Looks like mark has the same problem i do to short of legs to land flat on the floor board.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

actually I have the neon lights below. Mark does more than most now that he has a 712. Mark went back to steel as the mags did not hold up to his offroading. After he tipped his 710k over we did not think he would do much. The 712 with the cage gives him some security. He has since made some real nice mods to the truck including hard top half cab.
Mike
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Erik,yea I don't hit the floorboard,ought to convert it to storage. :lol: The last seats I installed I thought I would be clever and incorporate the seat adjuster....well it raised the seat 1.5" and I couldn't push the pedals fully! On the good side I don't have any head clearance issues.. :D :D
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy