Oil leak

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

SAM. C.

Oil leak

Post by SAM. C. »

Greetings Gents

I have found an oil leak under my Pinz. It is leaking between no 2 & 3 cylinders. It is pretty small at the moment but it is getting worse. I am planning a long trip and I want to fix it up first so it dosent get really bad on route. It is a crappy picture but the leak is bigger just out of view.

I have looked back through the forum and Alex from Venezuela had a similar leak but it was in a slightly different place. I think pushrod seals was Alex's problem Can anyone shed any light on what this might be?

If it is pushrod seals are they difficult to replace?

Cheers

Sam
PINZGAUER712M

Post by PINZGAUER712M »

Hi, I'm finally getting the job done in a small pinzgauer shop I just found and they're old friends of mine. Apparently you have to tear down the chamber to get it done along with other things according to the mechanics, plus taking the releasing the exhaust, etc, etc... takes some work to do it, and if you do you better replace all of them at once to advoid more costs in the future..

Will let you know when it's done.
Regards,
Alex.
ALEX.
'89 EX-VENEZUELAN ARMY 712M
SAM. C.

Oil Leak

Post by SAM. C. »

Hi Alex

Thanks for that I will wait for you reply. I am struggling with the Red Death at the moment so the leak can wait a while.

Cheers

Sam
chacaocop1

Oil Leak

Post by chacaocop1 »

Hola Alex:

I did have a horrible leak in my Pinz that poured oil from the 4th cylinder exactly over the exhaust manifold causing a cloud of blue smoke that was incredible.

In my case it was only the valve cover gasket which I replaced myself and now it is awesome. No leaks whatsoever.

By the way in one of your posts you referred to "the chamber". My two cents as a fellow Venezuelan, the translation for "Camara" is not chamber, is heads. You know, one of those terms that get us "Venezolanos" confused.

Saludos
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M