New Spray Paint at SAV

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

D Holder

Post by D Holder »

Even if the can or vendor tells you its RAL-6014 it may not be perfect match. I bought 50lbs of RAL-6014 to powder coat all the panels on my 712M with and it is a bit greener than the inside cab. Still looks great though.
ka

Post by ka »

wow... do you have pix?

you have a powder coat booth?
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
D Holder

Post by D Holder »

I don't have a powder coat booth but I'm fortunate to have a good friend with a powder coating company and I do a fair amount of work with him. These are the pictures I have available right now.

ka

Post by ka »

that is xlnt. today i was actually investigating olive drab powder coat for the wheels on my tundra and now i'm seeing the exact stuff here in your pix. it looks a bit shiny, tho. what did you use? i'm looking for total non-gloss. "black hole" coating would be best.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
D Holder

Post by D Holder »

I can't remember the name of the company that we got it from. It was suppose to be less gloss but it came in about 40% gloss. I' am actually very happy with it. The ittems that are black are powder coated semi-gloss black. If I remember correctly the part number is BK-66. They also have a solar black that is flat.