Help - Radio Trays

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

pcolette
United States of America

Help - Radio Trays

Post by pcolette »

I recently bought a radio tray (or rack) that replaces one of the rear seats in a 710M for mounting radios, cables, etc.

Unfortunately I can't find anything that tells me how the various brackets and trays are supposed to mount. I thought it was going to be obvious but not so. No illustrations in the parts book or elsewhere.
Does anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping to use the racks and trays for holding coolers, etc. for backwoods picnics.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

The radio 710M's have some extra places for the bolts to screw in. If you are planning on mounting these racks in the same place you will have to install some rivet nuts. The riack in the upper right portion of you photo is installed behind the drivers seat. There should be a tab on the bottom which bolts to one of the holes for the hinge of the troop seats and another bolt on the support bracket for the side panel of the truck. The two flat panels in the left of the picture should have some hardware. There should be two brackets for each tray that have pins and require bolting to the inside of the truck where the side panels attach. You will also have two locking brackets, which attach where the troop seat hinges attach, they will swing up and screw down to secure the panels. The cable reel mounts high on the rear roll bar.
Hopefully someone with a 10M radio truck will post a picture of their interior before they remove all the racks, but this should give you an idea.
Mike
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Thanks, Mike. You've already helped a lot, especially with the flat trays.

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
ka

Post by ka »

damn! i just removed all mine!
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

My 710M is also a radio unit, but the gear was already removed so with the help of previous owners I'm tracking down all the bits. I think the only things I'm missing are the tray holdowns/pivots. Anyone want to sell those?

Here's a picture that I found a while ago.
http://picasaweb.google.com/wayndar/Pin ... 0044701282
ka

Post by ka »

i will sell mine. how much are they going for?
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

I'll double check which brackets I need and PM you to follow up.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Paul C

Find JerBear on this site, and pm him. He just bought a radio truck from Stauffer's and I believe it was all still there.

If you can't find him, call George for a phone number.

Paul U
ka

Post by ka »

ya know, i would actually really like to have some good pix of the trays as they sit. i guess i could figure it all out again but a pic sure would help.
1973 710m

David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Sean had some good pics of the racks in a 710M radio truck on his site, but not all Swiss radio trucks were the same. I had seen pics with some of the trays in different locations. Most all were converted back to their original troop carrier layout when bought out of auction.

Also, you don't have in the pic above, the brackets for the antennas ( mounted on the cowl ), or the two upright posts that mount on top of the left side rail to the hoop support bar (looks like it was for 3 rifles, but lacks any tiedown to retain them). I kept those from my old M radio truck, as they were quite handy to hang the door tops on ( to store while off the doors), and store a hi-lift jack on. If need be, I can post a pic of those brackets. I doubt if I still have any pics of my 710M with the bracketery..... since I've gone through a couple of computer crashes since those days.... and noone here equates me and a gas Pinz in the same sentence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
SAM. C.

Radio Trays

Post by SAM. C. »

Hi Gents

My Pinz was a radio truck but the trays look a bit different to the ones in Paul's original picture. Here are a couple of pictures with my trays installed.

As you can see it has two seats that are set back from the front by two flip top bins (very useful!) with a shallow tray in the middle. On the left rear there is a flat tray with a jerry can holder and on the right rear there are other radio racks with tie down straps. You can see in the second image the racks on the right are bolted to the rear rollbar. They are really sturdy but they are a bit noisy.

Sam
andy

Post by andy »

I'd like to find one of those 3 gun racks for my Pinz. I haven't seen them advertised either at EI or SAV. Anybody have any idea if they have a part number or how much they cost?

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

the three gun racks are part of the radio 710m's.

My racks and trays match those of pcollet's, but are definitely different than sam c's and also the picture I posted. I'll try to post pictures of the mounting points so maybe we can re-create the layout. BTW mine is a 74, maybe that makes a differnce. I know that the half round piece mounts on the rear roll bar for cables.