wiper motor again

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

mjnims

wiper motor again

Post by mjnims »

When I was in Co. at the RMP Treffen my windshield wipers gave out. I finally got around to taking them apart, after a couple thunderstorms here, and found the gear to be stripped. If memory serves me correctly someone had these made. Any leads on these would be great
Mike
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Mike, wasn't it T-Los in your area?
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Scott at E.I. and Dennis at Linden engineering both carry the gear for $65, a far cry from the $700+ to replace the motor from SAV :shock:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

A savings of $635 I guess I forgot about scott. Is there any thing he doesn't carry for the pinz 8)
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Mine gave out at a Treffen too! What the h*ll?

I got a new one from Dennis on the way home. Pretty easy to install and no further problems. $65 back then too.

Paul
andy

Post by andy »

Mike, I got one of the gears from Dennis about a year ago. Nothing wrong with the gear, it was even pretty easy to put in. It didn't fix my problem, which is that after about 20 wipes the motor slows down and stops until it cools down.

Dennis thinks there is a bad armiture in it. I should have an answer today.

Meanwhile, I am almost positive that it was here about a year ago, someone from the Phoenix Tucson area found a guy that could rewind the wipers and the job was inexpensive. It may have been on Yahoo, but I'm almost sure if you get the chance to search you might be able to at least send a pm.

Andy
Last edited by andy on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

http://www.pinzgauer.com/showdetails.ph ... no=SAV4900 Has any one used SAV replacement motor?
SAM. C.

Wiper Motor Issues

Post by SAM. C. »

Hi Gents

I have had some wiper motor problems as well. It seems that when it is particularly humid here the wipers work ok at first but start to slow and then stop. When this happens they also park in the wrong place and I have to manually give them some encouragment and they will come to rest in the right place. This is a good way to chop the tips of your fingers off if you are not careful ( not good particularly when you are driving along :shock: :shock: :shock: )

I am not sure but I am wondering if there is something wrong with the motor contacts. Has anyone had a similar problem and found a solution.

Sam
andy

Post by andy »

That's the same problem I on my 710. When I went to pickup my 712 Dennis did some magic on it with the armitures and it works fine now. Sorry I cannot tell you exactly what it was, but it might merit an email to him and see if he can explain it. Just a suggestion.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

I assume you've checked the electrical connections for good contact.

The post about the motors stopping at the wrong place jogged my memory. When I bought my truck, some of the wiper wires were hanging loose. The wipers didn't auto-return to their 'off' position.

When I correctly attached the wires, the wipers ran fine.

Could this be an electrical supply issue?

Paul