Child Seat install?

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

OhioPinz

Child Seat install?

Post by OhioPinz »

Has anyone installed a child seat in their Pinz? I've got a 3.5 years old crazy about the Pinz.
NC_Mog

Post by NC_Mog »

Yep. Been doing that for 5 yrs now. Still use a booster to get the shoulder up high enough for the belt to fall correctly. Kids love riding in older vehicles because they can ride in the front.
Kimball
1979 712M
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

here is one installed in a 712. Don't hink I would recomment side way seating for a young one but to each their own.
Mike
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Here is my son in his booster seat at age 6 years old. I installed the seats in the back with four point harness. Front facing is the only way to go!

OhioPinz

Post by OhioPinz »

Scooter,
Seats look nice. Can you post any photos of your mounting?

Thanks,
Al
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Man Mike was that a real kid or a doll? If it was a kid I bet he needed a pants change.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

fortunately for that driver he only had his 9yr old in the front seat. The family stayed at camp. Funny story behind that flop though. Everyone was sitting around at camp that evening and the guys wife had remarked how he had not flopped a truck over since getting the 712. He had done is several time before in a 710. Less than 2 hours later over he went. His wife was real good about it and even took some "credit" for the flop. No one hurt and minimal damage to truck, mainly windshield and canvas top rips. This flop was at the sand dunes in Ca. (one of the bowls at buttercup for those who know the area)

I guess it should be noted the next time that 712 went over his wife was driving with a bunch of kids in the back.
Mike
Kirby

Times have changed

Post by Kirby »

I remember we use to refer to the Pinz "going to sleep" when it laid over.... Now it's called a Flop? IF I ever Flop it... I am sorry, but "Going to sleep" sounds so much more the vehicles fault instead of mine.... (but we all know it's the driver).
Pinzing is AWESOME.
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

yeah when I got into it the word Narcolepsy was thrown around a lot. I think flop came to be here because of the way the guys put them down.
Mike
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

Here is a view from the back. They are bolted thru the side rail bars and thru to the bottom of the truck with 3/8" bolts and large OD washers so they do not pull thru. Tubing is 1" SQ with gussets on the corners for support. C channel is used for mounting the seats down from the MFG hole locations.

Scooter

pinz for fun

child seats

Post by pinz for fun »

Know your truck know your kids and have fun. I put in tracker seats front and rear.The rear seats are centered for better foot room an to keep little hands away from trees and rocks.kid seats have tather system for seat and 5 point for kids.I drilled a hole in oringal front seat to attach child seat tather,later added the d ring.

ImageImage

got 6x6 ? 712m 1976
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

nice install, good thinking. I tried to make room to get between the seats for loading. Yes they are closer to outside of the truck then.
Scooter
OhioPinz

Post by OhioPinz »

Thanks everyone on the tips.
IwanaPinz

Post by IwanaPinz »

I saw a child seat installed over the dog house on a 712. I saw this 712 in Moab Ut back in 06.
Sorry, no pictures that would help.
Nothing says four wheel drive like six wheel drive.