Split Boot Replacement Tips

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

texas pinzgauer

Split Boot Replacement Tips

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I've got a friend with torn boots on his 710. He's going to replace all 4 as a preventative measure. I directed him to Scott at EI for the new split boots and I've assured him that the boot replacement job is a piece of cake.

As I've not done it before, can one of you fine folks walk me through that process so I can download it to him along with any tips, suggestions or recommendations to actually make this an easy project to undertake?

Thanks in advance for you help!
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Personally I would only replace the torn boots first. you will get dirty, :x helps to "preload" the suspension (park that wheel on a 4x6 to level axle) and make sure the boot is warm(so it will stretch),clean and well glued. If memory serves,seams to the front on the Rt,to the rear on the Lt. Many don't like the split boots,they don't seem to last as long but are a bit easier to install.
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

I agree with Mark. Would replace until needed Super glue works great. Also do a search Jim L. Has give directions as well but Mark pretty much sums it up.
ScottishPinz
Great Britain

Post by ScottishPinz »

I did it a couple of months ago before Iceland
http://www.bagstraining.co.uk/Pinzaxelboot.html
ka

Post by ka »

i found the way i did it to be the easiest possible way to get those things on there. it's gr8 for when you have no idea what pinz's are about. i got wayne roberts to do it. i handed the screwdriver and glue to him.

wayne! we should have warmed them up! gr8 idea there, m wehrman.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential