Front Locker wont disengage on 1979 712M??

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Middlebury_Pinz
United States of America

Front Locker wont disengage on 1979 712M??

Post by Middlebury_Pinz »

I just bled all of the hydraulic circuits and I can't get the front locker to disengage. I have been restoring it for almost two years and it is nearly complete. I have driiven it around and backed it up as well, however, the lever will not pull down all the way to disengage the locker.

I did search but couldn't find any threads. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Would anyone like to see pictures of the beast? I purchased a complete new body from Swiss Army along with new tops and all of the panels to convert it from an ambulance to a 712M. I think it is as close as you can get to a new Pinz. First trip around the property went very well. I had forgotten how cold blooded these beasts were . . . . but what a ball to drive!!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Lift 1 wheel off the ground, now open the bleeder and rock the wheel. It should dissengage. If this frees it up, you either have a plugged hose or blockage in the locker master cylinder. If it was sitting as you stated, it could have waxy build up.
Take the photobucket link below and you will see some of the nasty goo.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
pcolette
United States of America

Post by pcolette »

Would anyone like to see pictures of the beast?
Yes please!

Paul
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
ka

Post by ka »

pix! yes! is there a place you can post them where they can remain full resolution?
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

This is what the waxy build up looks like:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
Middlebury_Pinz
United States of America

Post by Middlebury_Pinz »

Jim,

Thanks for your time on the phone and your repsonse. I recalled that I had overpressured my power bleeder just before doing the last bleed which was the front lockers.

I bled off a little fluid and it disengaged and has worked fine since then. All that panic and dread for nothing. Now to just get the silly fuel gauge working and everything will be 100%.

I will post some pictures over the weekend of the beast. I drove it on the road for the first time today. What a treat.

Mike