I was really cold! Really!

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

andy

Post by andy »

Peter, thank you for all the hints. I've cancelled the message to Santa and you are no longer on the "naughty" list.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

THanks. I will try this after xmas or maybe tomorrow if it warms up. No need to drive the pinz up to the college just to do that right now...MINUS 28 right now

Saw a couple of sparrows trying to kick start a raven :lol: so it's cold...no ether either.

Jer BEar
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

Thanks Andy, now I can get back to making out my Christmas list to Santa.
1/. 6X6 T......... Has Turbo got one R or two? :D

Jer Bear ....Minus 28. I can't even contemplate that!
Looks like it is going to be cold here for Christmas too...they are forecasting 17C for the 25th.
Well that's cold for Aussies at Christmas! :roll:
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

I know I was there 2 years ago in Jan. It was 45+ in Melbourne during the aussie open...shut the tourney down for the day...they had to move it indoors

HOT

Jer Bear
andy

Post by andy »

I may have found a way to stay warm in the Pinz. It was about 35 or 36 degrees here yesterday (I think it said 2 degrees C) The trick is stay out all day hunting in the wind and finsih it off by sitting on the gound with a rock pokeing into your tailbone. When it is dark, walk back to the Pinz, get it to finally start and zip home at about 55 mph and you will feel warm because in the 45 minutes it takes to get back to the house you will not have had time to thaw out. :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

Still shivering cheers,

Andy

PS: Main frame 10 point whitetail for my brother with 2 kickers, Measured 133 6/8 B & C. 5.5 years old, weighed 125 field dressed. He was happy.

Cheers

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
Jerbearyukon

Post by Jerbearyukon »

You are tooooo funny. I had the beast plugged in....Battery warmers..THEY WERE WARM....magnetic oil pan heater.....

NO GO...zilch...nada - glad I wasn't out in the bush somewhere.

I think I am going to FILL the pinz with batteries...Tee Heee...well at least wood for a fire.

The Webasto is awesome though

Jer Bear
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I feel silly :oops: even mentioning this but it made such a difference, it warrants sharing with y'all.

When I was complaining about how cold the Pinz was back in December, I had not bothered to unfolder down the canvas divider between the cab and the rear. Once I had, obviously the area to be heated became considerably smaller and the heater was sufficient.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
andy

Post by andy »

That divider will also significantly cut down the amount of dust that will cover you if you are running on dirt roads. :lol:

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Oh yeah, I noticed THAT too!
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
Heed

Post by Heed »

That divider will also significantly cut down the amount of dust that will cover you if you are running on dirt roads. Laughing
...as they say in the Monty python movies..."Luxury"!...What I'd give to be covered in dust while driving my Pinz right now!

Unfortunately, the only dirt on the road here at the moment is the sand that they have mixed in with the road salt! :cry:

We are about to set an all time record for snowfall, and we still have two months of winter left! "Global-warming" my a$$!!
Bob
1990 - Mercedes G-Wagon 250GD

A goal without a plan is just a wish!
andy

Post by andy »

Didn't Denis have that little snow problem last year? I see in the headlines that down in Oz Peter is going through all time heat records.

I would tolerate about 5 or 6 inches of snow right now as long as it got back up to 65 or 70 the next day to melt it all and tamp the dust. We haven't had anything but a "trace" of moisture since August.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here