Moderator: TechMOGogy

krick3tt

pics

Post by krick3tt »

Yes
Jon_Gilbart

Brakes pulling hard to the right!

Post by Jon_Gilbart »

Hmmm... I'm glad I found this forum and saw that picutre of the 710M that rolled! I just bought my first Pinzgauer 712M 2 weeks ago, and took it off-roading last Saturday (very mild... Green Ridge State Forest in Allegheny County, Maryland). The brakes worked fine before I left for the trip, but on the drive home after some fun in the mud, I noticed the vehicle pulled hard to the right when I applied the brakes. I guess I have to do a little research ASAP to see how to fix this... Thanks for the info. -Jon
krick3tt

adjusting brakes

Post by krick3tt »

Just cleaning the mud out will improve overall braking. While you are in there is a good time to inspect, repair or replace anything that is wonky. My shoes had the spaces filled with dirt and brake dust, just cleaning and adjusting them made a world of difference, but then I only have 4 wheels to do.
Wear goggles and a respirator mask, that dust is dangerous if you use a compressor to blow them out.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Jon,
Be aware that the brakes simply being wet (from fording water) will cause the wet brake/s to not work until they are dried out too. I assume your problem didn't go away after they dried out.

Apologies for getting away from Tim's topic.

Paul
texas pinzgauer

brakes

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Jon,

A Pinzgauer can be a HUGE handful to slow down safely quickly (and in a straight line) so of course you should keep this in mind as you're new to the ownership (and driving) experience.

The volume of responses was not a surprise but here's my two cents worth on brake service: Pay someone who knows what they're doing to do this for you and, if you're good, maybe he (or she) will let you watch so you'll know for next time.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494