Anybody have the dimensions for the float level tool?

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Scottie
United States of America

Anybody have the dimensions for the float level tool?

Post by Scottie »

I know it's a M7 thread and that the fuel should be above the bottom of the tool and the clip. What I need to know is how far down from the top surface of the tool to the bottom of the clip and to the bottom of the tool. I am taking a machine shop class and am just going to make my own. If anybody else is interested I may make a few. Target cost of 20.00-25.00$

Scottie
todds112

Re: Anybody have the dimensions for the float level tool?

Post by todds112 »

Scottie wrote:I know it's a M7 thread and that the fuel should be above the bottom of the tool and the clip. What I need to know is how far down from the top surface of the tool to the bottom of the clip and to the bottom of the tool. I am taking a machine shop class and am just going to make my own. If anybody else is interested I may make a few. Target cost of 20.00-25.00$

Scottie
That's a good price. I don't have one since they are apparently made of solid gold! :shock:
1973 712M
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Gee, I feel special, I have 3. For now, just take the starter valve out and duplicate the dimensions (7mmx1.0 threads)adding a nipple to fit the clear hose onto. I'll dig one out and measure the clip.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

I found an m7 die to cut the correct threads buried in a corner of a hardware store. Let me know if you want to use it.
pinz for fun

Post by pinz for fun »

Its about a quarter tall. If in a bind fish tank tube threads in nice or use plastic fitting thats close and a little heat to make threads

have a great day d

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc15 ... soc219.jpg
got 6x6 ? 712m 1976
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Hi Guys,

Another option is coming available.

We have some really slick tools coming in early March. We have had them reproduced off of a specialty tool that we had been using here. Instead of a tube it uses a sightglass with the graduations engraved on the glass. Should be targetted in the $40 range.

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."