Inexpensive mirror replacements?

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

todds112

Inexpensive mirror replacements?

Post by todds112 »

Both my mirrors self destructed over the winter. The plastic backing just cracked and fell off. :roll:

Anyone locate a decent replacement for less than the going $50.00 each?
1973 712M
michaelh712

Post by michaelh712 »

Todd, I like these alot compared to original. Mine came with the hardware to attach to the stock stalk. They are a little larger than stock, which I like, are green, and have a rubber molding on the edge. This same source sometimes has them for ebay bid as well as purchase now; I got mine for 9.99.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Long-Mir ... 861wt_1136
Michaelh712
michaelh@updc.org
Educational Anarchist
todds112

Post by todds112 »

I like those. I'll have to watch for a bargain. :wink:
1973 712M
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

We've got pallet containers of those mirrors. I'd be thrilled to sell them at $9.99 each. I would be curios to see the "clamp mechanism" that was provided with your mirror's as that has always been the drawback to fitting these to a mog/pinz.

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
andy

Post by andy »

Scott, I don't remember what I paid, but I have been happy as the proverbial pig in poo with the two "stock" mirrors I got from you as replacements. I don't think the price was outrageous. Are you out of mirrors?
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
EvanH

Post by EvanH »

Scott,

Are these mirrors listed on your site? I would happily buy several. One of my mirrors is about to fall out of the frame.

I like your hex-head drain plugs. I was thinking if one were to drill and tap the center of the plug for a barbed fitting, the various assemblies could be lightly pressurized to help keep the gunk out. Has anybody tried that?

Thanks,

-Evan
todds112

Post by todds112 »

ExpeditionImports wrote:We've got pallet containers of those mirrors. I'd be thrilled to sell them at $9.99 each. I would be curios to see the "clamp mechanism" that was provided with your mirror's as that has always been the drawback to fitting these to a mog/pinz.

Cheers,

Scott
Hmmm, Guess if they don't mount up easily, they won't do me any good.
1973 712M
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

ditto Scott- I searched your site for "mirror" and just some Unimog parts came up.

SAV has stock ones for $36.50

Pinzgauer tech shop in Switzerland has them in black for about $25, olive for $39, or even a 24v heated version for about $55!- but that seemed like too far to go unless we put together a big order. http://www.8ung.at/m-productions/techshop/diverses.html
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

Bought a pair of black replacement mirrors very similar to the originals, online from http://www.jasa-ag.ch/shop/index.jsp in Switzerland.

The reference is G2 010 20 (enter it into the "Suche" search box on the top left corner to go straight to it). It comes in two different kinds, normal and "stark gewolbt" (more convex than the normal kind), giving a broader angle of vision, which I find quite practical for the passenger side mirror.

Prices are CHF 29.50 for the normal one and CHF 32.90 for the other one. With one US Dollar currently being worth 1.18 Swissie, you are in the same price range (and same overseas online order problematic :? ) as with the Pinz Tech Shop mentionned by McCall Pinz...

For info, this shop also carries the stock Swiss army rear lights.

Jan
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
wwcommando

Post by wwcommando »

I'll be giving you a call Scott, My mirror came apart after bouncing it off a tree....
Jeff
Protoman333

Post by Protoman333 »

they arent an exact replacement, but "Pep Boys" (at one time) sold some $5 mirrors that are very close to the originals (probably $10 now IF they still sell them). i bought a few several years back after getting tired of busting the $$ originals. they are black, not green. they also require a bit of rubber (i used a sacrificial bike innertube) to be mounted properly. other than the mounting, they are basically identical and are a perfect cheap solution.
Chris
'73 710m