Hydraulic fluid resovoir behind locker controls

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

captxmas

Hydraulic fluid resovoir behind locker controls

Post by captxmas »

There is a fluid resovoir that feed fluid to the three locker control valves behind the center console of the dash area. All the hoses are cracked and the fluid seems to have drained prior to purchasing the vehicle.

I am now re-inventing a hose assembly between the resovoir and the locker valves.

1. What fluid should I use to refill the resovoir and tubing feeding the lockers?

2. Do you think gravity will fill the lines adaquately or do I need to "flush" the lines?

3. I will be using fuel hose and brass fitting with tubing clamps to construct the replacement feed system. Anyone see any problems with this type of set-up?

The lockers are all working fine currently so I imagine that there is enough residual, existing fluid in the system now.

Thanks as always for your input.

John in the SF Bay area.
Capt Xmas
Kirby

I know one thing...

Post by Kirby »

Flush the system with new fluid as I have heard that before, and if there is no record of other fluid changes...you might wsant to set aside a day for a "fun filled fluid fling day"

Do a search on here and you find all the recommended fluids ... and pull the "fill plug" before the drain plug, just in case the fill plug wants to stay... :shock:
Pinzing is AWESOME.
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Scott at E.I has replacement parts and is in the Bay area(Vallejo), fuel hose is not compatible with brake fluid.
You may also need to replace the flex lines between the body and the chassis if they are plugged.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."