SURPLUS FUEL CANS

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

stevo

SURPLUS FUEL CANS

Post by stevo »

A few months ago I ordered and received a few European surplus fuel cans from some of the vendors who use this site. Well, I finall got around to opening the boxes they were in and I was quite impressed with their condition. They look real good. Now my question is this: should I be concerned about the interior of these cans? If they should need to be cleaned before use, what would be the best way to do it?
ka

Post by ka »

i have a couple cans from swiss army vehicle. there is that red coating inside. i'm wondering if that stuff is a problem.
Last edited by ka on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
ka

Post by ka »

thx brian! nice! ah.... i dont have that screen anymore. something like a pack rat took it. no joke here. i wonder if they're available anywhere.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Some screening material and a hose clamp will work untill you can find one. Just overlap 3 sections of screen to make the mesh smaller and clamp it to the end. Just make sure it's tight or you'll be fishing them out of your tank.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Brian, I had a tank leak. Somehow it developed a crack on one side. One day I walked out to the drive noticed a stain freaked out thinking it was my transmission. Luckily it was just the tank.