If you are going to teach a teen to sandblast...

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

EvanH

Post by EvanH »

Be careful where you stand! My 14-year old has a quick trigger finger. I thought I could hand him the nozzle and duck out of the tent before the action started. Not only did he get the nozzle triggered, he missed the part and got me instead! A fine example of poor instruction and poor safety precautions on my part. I piled all of the safety equipment on him and left none for myself. I must've left my common sense soaking in a jar on the nightstand.

-Evan
Kirby

Clean it

Post by Kirby »

I would scrub and clean that sucker real good.... ouch
Pinzing is AWESOME.
texas pinzgauer

Wrong Forum category?

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Evan - shouldn't this be in the Pinzgauer - Health link?
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
EvanH

Re: Wrong Forum category?

Post by EvanH »

texas pinzgauer wrote:Evan - shouldn't this be in the Pinzgauer - Health link?
Actually, it should be in the "Stupid Things Pinzgauer Owners Do" forum, except I would be the only member! :lol:

So far, no infection or pain, just the difficulty of explaining to my son that it wasn't his fault. I think I got through to him when I asked, "Did you do anything I told you not to do?" and he answered, "No." It very really is an example of poor instruction and poor safety on my part. C'est la vie. Or, according to Babel Fish, "C' ist das Leben" in German, if such a concept exists in the linguistics of Deutschland.

I have also let him drive the 710. He does pretty well, especially considering his limited background with a manual shift. So far he has got it stuck in a ditch ($70.00 tow plus a broken winch line) and backed into a barbed wire fence (I have to say the Pinz stock mirrors are not good for learning to back up). All I know for sure is that his mounting (no pun intended) interest in girls is going to cost me a lot more in the long run...

For me, it is a good wake up call about what one should/should not do while taking morphine!

-Evan
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

I would think sandals would be the minimum "safety gear"! :lol: Lucky he didn't shoot higher! :shock:
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
Kirby

Re: Wrong Forum category?

Post by Kirby »

Actually, it should be in the "Stupid Things Pinzgauer Owners Do" forum, except I would be the only member! :lol:

Not the only member, just the most recent! . . ..not that I have ever done anything to be a member of "that" forum :oops:
Pinzing is AWESOME.
todds112

Post by todds112 »

I learned that a wire brush attachment on a grinder does wonders de-fleshing one's hand.
1973 712M
pinzwheeling

Re: If you are going to teach a teen to sandblast...

Post by pinzwheeling »

EvanH wrote:If you are going to teach a teen to sandblast...

Be careful where you stand! My 14-year old has a quick trigger finger. I thought I could hand him the nozzle and duck out of the tent before the action started. Not only did he get the nozzle triggered, he missed the part and got me instead! A fine example of poor instruction and poor safety precautions on my part. I piled all of the safety equipment on him and left none for myself. I must've left my common sense soaking in a jar on the nightstand.

-Evan
Make sure you get some primer on that before it rusts.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com