Pinz AC installed! SHORELINE PLUG?????????

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

ABSOLUTSECURITY

Pinz AC installed! SHORELINE PLUG?????????

Post by ABSOLUTSECURITY »

So I got my AC installed on my Pinz (wish I could upload pics but this forum doesnt accommodate that without an outside server) and next is the inverter - so - What side would one want to put his shoreline plug???

What side is the standard side for campsite shoreline???

Does it matter what side??

You could always just put it to what ever side is easiest to install and run a cord right??

Glynn
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Glynn
What kind of inverter? Typically, the shoreline power passes though the inverter, and inverter would pick the power source and how to use the power.
The system at my shop can choose between grid power, solar or battery, depending on conditions automatically, and if the batteries start to discharge too far, start a generator to recharge them, while supplying line power. Unfortunately, I ran out of funds to complete the solar :oops:

If your inverter is an inverter only (without a charger), you probably need a transfer switch for power source.

Dave
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
ABSOLUTSECURITY

Hey Dave,

Mine is a Xantrex ProSine 3.0 24 volt with charge controller / equalizer very similar to your Trace inverters but a mobile package.

http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/42/p/1/pt/8/product.asp

Im just trying to figure out what side I should put the shoreline plug/receptical??????????? :?

I might have to swing by your place or see if you can come up to me sometime if your in the area to get some of your knowledge before I get to far into stuff!!

Trailer jacks are gonna happen sooner than later too Dave and I really need your input on those again to!!!!!!! It was sooooo long ago that I forgot most of what you came up with.

Thanks! :D

Glynn
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Glynn
First impression is that the shoreline is hooked up to the "grid" lines on the inverter. Normally, the inverter would feed grid power through it, and take what it needs to recharge or top off the batteries, and automatically switch to battery if it loses grid power.

Bring it down by the shop, and I can look at it for you.

Dave

Oh, isn't my pair of paralleled 4KW inverters portable? :lol:

ka

Post by ka »

glynn and dave,

i think glynn is talking about what "SIDE" of his TRUCK. like where should he install the outlet/inlet.

that inverter is the kind i use. it's wired and ready to go already. just add wire and outlets.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Heck, if that's all he needs.... RVs are almost always left rear, same with all hookups. But anywhere that is convienent is fine.... that's why they make extension cords. :lol:

But, I'd look to find a location where any cords would not be a tripping hazard when the cord is run at home too.

ABSOLUTSECURITY

YES!! What side!!

Some how I thought it was drivers side but wasnt sure. It might be easier to just pop it out where ever i end up putting the inveter to. I was thinking of putting it where the gas heaters are going to be removed from in the ambulance box (the project I was starting 3 years ago :oops: )

Thanks guys - I will still see about stopping by for your advice Dave - I'm working 4 tens now untill the middle of August - so Fridays are wide open (maybe we can do breakfast again?).

Glynn
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Post by yaknowthatguy »

If you're not going to get an autoejector (kussmaul.com I believe), my suggestion is the rear of the pinz. in this case, as long as you're not using a twistlock, you can drive away and not tear up all your fittings if you happened to forget to unplug.
ka

Post by ka »

DUDE (and i reserve that expletive for very special occasions),

that is great thinking.

I MIGHT HAVE TO DO THAT TO MY GAS FILLER TUBE.
1973 710m
"it is not in the best interest of the shepherd to breed smarter sheep." ~ author unknown

press any key to continue or any other key to quit. ~author confidential
ABSOLUTSECURITY

yaknowthatguy wrote:If you're not going to get an autoejector (kussmaul.com I believe), my suggestion is the rear of the pinz. in this case, as long as you're not using a twistlock, you can drive away and not tear up all your fittings if you happened to forget to unplug.
That is a great Idea!

Might be hard to find available real estate for a receptacle there and the run would be insane thru the Fiberglass/foam/fiberglass so it would have to be surface mount MC or sealtight. But worth thinking about!

Thank you!

G
Foz

Post by Foz »

...you can drive away and not tear up all your fittings if you happened to forget to unplug.
That guy is scary smart. :shock:
Foz
ABSOLUTSECURITY

REALLY SCARY SMART HUH!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

G
yaknowthatguy
United States of America

Post by yaknowthatguy »

more the voice of experience....had an autoejector fail on an ambulance, drove out of the bay and heard a crunching sound. Now I watch the mirror to be sure it ejects!
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Now what would be really funny Glynn.. You watch in the mirror for the cord to eject and drive off.... only to realized you left that nice heavy cord at the campsite when you got home! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ABSOLUTSECURITY

David Dunn wrote:Now what would be really funny Glynn.. You watch in the mirror for the cord to eject and drive off.... only to realized you left that nice heavy cord at the campsite when you got home! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AT HOME Dave!!

Thats where I was thinking it sounded good - I wouldnt want to leave an expensive cord at a camp site thats for sure!!!!!!
LOL!!!!!!

G