When you REALLY know your stuff...

Old forum posts ending on Oct 21 '09

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Jimm391730
United States of America

When you REALLY know your stuff...

Post by Jimm391730 »

I stopped by Jim LaGuardia's last weekend to shoot the bull and pick up some brake shoes; just happened to mention that I needed to look at my turn signal lever - it was feeling "loose" and just didn't work right. Jim said "Oh, tighten the two screws at the end. If you are missing one, look on the floorboards. After you tighen them, put a piece of tape over the holes so the next time they loosen you won't lose them."

Sure enough, one screw loose, one missing. Hmm, OK, but I'd been driving several hundred miles on both pavement and dirt so I had no expectation of finding the missing screw. Sift throught the dirt and gravel on the floorboards, and whadayaknow, there it was. Took all of 5 seconds to find.

I just hate it when he is THAT right.

Jim M.
712W (with fixed turnsignals) and 710M
norcal pinz
United States of America

Post by norcal pinz »

Yeah im so glad we have such an awesome resource, without the brains on this forum i might not of had the courage to restore my M Thanks to everybody and especially Jim. Thanks
710M 1972
710k 1974
Middlebury_Pinz
United States of America

Post by Middlebury_Pinz »

I'm grateful for Jim's wisdom too. Thanks for being patient with all of us and sharing your knowledge so freely. You are appreciated Jim!!! Just wished you lived closer.
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

He does live closer, not not closer to us! :( :wink:
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

I've got one worse. You know that SOB, every time I send him down mechanical work he gets it done on time and under budget. It's absolute B.S. He's working on my Haflingers, carbureators, gearboxes, etc. I tell him take it slow and use as filler work, whats he do...goes and gets it done ahead of schedule.

I can't tolerate his efficiency. His prices are too low. He's even courteus! The guy even knows what he's talking about. This just isn't acceptable.....We need to kick his ass.

Stay away...... you don't want this kind of service!

Cheers,

Scott :)

No slobbering here
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Hey you two last posters, this is a serious forum with no room for tomfoolery.
Middlebury_Pinz
United States of America

Post by Middlebury_Pinz »

Hey Mr. Brian master of bad attitudes,

Did you get my 712DK body loaded and ready for transport yet??
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Let's get a rope and find us a tall tree. From the sound of things, it's time for a hangin'.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

texas pinzgauer wrote:Let's get a rope and find us a tall tree. From the sound of things, it's time for a hangin'.
Hey Hey, Jim isn't that big of screw up!... . even though he thinks the Pink Cow has a bad rod knock, funny sparkplugs with hard steel wires and misplaced distributor, and my brake drums have worned to flat discs....and I had to stop him when he said a Pinz engine compartment is no place for rubber hoses, and wanted to cut them out... hey, he is teachable ( unlike Erik ) :twisted:

Tex Pinz, if there's any rope play to be done, I'll do it....I heard the last time you had a rope you wanted to try it to see if it worked :roll: :wink: :lol:

Brian, you can't talk to Erik that way, either :evil: ... he's my whipping boy !
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Wow, Thanks for the compliments and the jesting :D I've been getting a few projects completed and haven't had much time to check the boards :shock:
I plan on posting up a few pictures when I get a chance. Completed a very customized 710M , did a couple of carb jobs, a wheel seal, and a shifter repair.
Finishing up a Nickie engine this weekend and then on to Scott's Haflinger trainer.
Maybe I'll finally get some time to complete my new engine soon :roll:

"grippi il giorno"
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."