1973 Pinzgauer for sale

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
krick3tt

1973 Pinzgauer for sale

Post by krick3tt »

I am posting here because everyone knows what a pinz looks like and what they are.
It is time to sell. Nothing wrong with it. Runs fine and there are many added features and some upgrades.

I am not going to fill the site with pics of a vehicle you all know about and describe the unique features of these fine vehicles.

If interested PM me your email and I will send you info and pics. Price: $17,800

thanks,
Morris (krick3tt)
Last edited by krick3tt on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: 1973 Pinzgauer for sale

Post by TechMOGogy »

Sad to see you sell
I hope you stick around as your posts are always helpful!
Cheers,
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
acebee
Switzerland

Post by acebee »

Morris !

I will miss the early morning coffee over the fire, with the firewood as in Parker!

Potential Buyers be aware!! - this is an excellent & cared for pinzgauer!

/
SB
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Hey Morris.

I too am sorry to hear that it's time for you to move on.

You were one of the first distant Pinz owners I met, thanks to another old timer Dennis (whom I miss a lot). Life goes on, and things change. Good luck moving a well-loved vehicle, and very best wishes for the future in general. :!: :!:

Paul
Fentonite
United States of America

Post by Fentonite »

I had the privilege of checking out this rig when Morris was kind enough to help introduce me to Pinzgauers. He's being way too modest in the (lack of) description of this fine vehicle. It is so beautifully cared for and tricked out with some of the most clever improvements I've seen. This is gonna make someone very happy.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

thanks for all of your kind words. The decision to sell does not come easy, the association with many folks has come through the ownership of this vehicle.
I am in the process of deciding to spend more time traveling and seeing this great country and the pinz, in order to be that method of transportation, would have to undergo some changes that would no longer render it a pinzgauer and I refuse to do that. I would prefer to pass it along to someone that can appreciate the vehicle.
I have, over the ten plus years that I have owned the pinz, made additions but tried to keep it looking and acting like a pinzgauer.
I have added bumper and winch from EI, Added spotlights from a military vehicle, changed out the starter for a GR starter designed to improve its performance. Last year the carbs were fully rebuilt and work very well now. I added aux battery to allow the use of an ARB cooler, had a Webasto heater installed by LinDen Engr. Added a screened protection to the back to help forestall entry to the inside and hopefully protect the contents. I made a new rear bumper to match the front tube bumper. I have kept the OD color and frequently repainted it to maintain the appearance. I did remove the stock seats and replace them with more comfortable foreign car seats. Great for traveling long distances.
I have traveled many miles to MogFests in Oregon and California traveling from Ca to WA to CO many times and the pinz performed flawlessly, although an occasional flat tire is to be expected.
Many other things have happened and there are some spare parts included although none of the camping gear will go with the sale, that stuff is transferrable to the next vehicle.
It is registered as a collector vehicle in CO and carries vintage plates (has to be over 25 years old). It is an1973...you math wizards can chime in here.
It is difficult to go anywhere without some question and answer period about the pinz...everything to 'what is that? to 'that is really cool' so that part of ownership is golden and very hard to equal.

Thanks to all of you that have welcomed me to the club.

edit: included: two sets tire chain (one new), rear view camera, hi-lift, new CB, radio, petrol can, original tools, ax, shovel, jack, new batteries, aux battery and other things that I can't recall at this moment. Also spare bulbs and fuses. Locking gas cap.
Last edited by krick3tt on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Also included: maintenance manual, parts manual as well as original manual. Two sets of keys for locking doors, all three.

Edit: Tinted windows by Dave Dunn. I also have the original front window glass that I will include if requested. It is packed in a wood crate.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Price reduced to $16,000
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I am unable to load pix, please PM your email and I will send them.
Middlebury_Pinz
United States of America

Post by Middlebury_Pinz »

Posting some pics for Morris:

** You and Newfisher should talk, soon, I hear he has money burning a hole in his pocket! :D

ImageDSC02734 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr

ImageDSC02744 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr

ImageDSC00270 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr

ImageDSC00017 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr

ImageDSC02745 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr
Last edited by Middlebury_Pinz on Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Middlebury_Pinz
United States of America

Post by Middlebury_Pinz »

ImageDSC03848 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr

ImageDSC03850 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr

ImageDSC04673 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr

ImageDSC04785 by Maddog Rhude, on Flickr
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Mike,

Thanks for posting for me. I don't think the hole is big enough or I wouldn't still have the pinz.
NEWFISHER

Post by NEWFISHER »

I'm tryin! :roll:

Check your email
tahamby

Post by tahamby »

I am new to this forum, so I do not know the protocol for getting in touch with you. Anyhow if your Pinz is still for sale - I am interested in purchasing.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

You can send me a PM. Include your email address. Would like to have you be a Pinzgauer owner.