Custom rear door tire mount - centered/lowered

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Haf-e
United States of America

Custom rear door tire mount - centered/lowered

Post by Haf-e »

I am building a new rear tire mount and am putting my previous custom made one up for sale. Price is $50 plus postage. Pictures are attached.

This one was made to center the tire on the rear door (it's offset always bugged me - OCD perhaps) and to lower the spare tire about 2 inches for better rear vision. It also includes a provision for padlocking the rear tire to prevent theft and can be used to attach the coiled up tow cable inside of the spare tire as well. The longer support pipe in the center makes it easier to lift up the tire and get it on the studs.

It is made of professionally welded steel and then was hot-dipped galvanized and so will outlast your truck. The mounting holes are fitted with welded in bushings and the mounting bolts are included for both the mount and for the spare tire. I used it with 33" 255/85-16 tires without any issues and the bolts that attached the tires could be swapped out for longer ones if you are using wider rims.
Attachments
Centered Rear Tire.jpg
Centered Rear Tire.jpg (919.34 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
Centered Rear Tire Mount cropped.jpg
Centered Rear Tire Mount cropped.jpg (436.69 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
Centered Rear Tire Mount angled.jpg
Centered Rear Tire Mount angled.jpg (920.07 KiB) Viewed 1718 times
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com