Volvo 306

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Volvo 306

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

You don't see this kind of thing often. Replace that.... duck blind(?) with a camper and you'd have something!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-TBG-C306- ... 3641.l6368
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg (194.75 KiB) Viewed 2849 times
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

audiocontr
United States of America

Re: Volvo 306

Post by audiocontr »

curious, i never saw that truck and I lived there for 15 years. Its one of those things that Im sure my network of friends would have pointed out.

Take a look for rust. Virginia is so humid that a truck like that will start to rust within a couple years, especially left uncovered as it appears this one was.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

He says it comes with a full set of high speed diff ring and pinions as well... That would address a primary issue with the 6x6 volvos.
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Its Bruce Delaporte's he's a member on here. He used to have the Tam and then the 712A in FL.

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Huh, weird. Bruce posted a reply earlier, but it's gone now.
He mentioned that he's active military, and the truck had only recently come from Washington state. It sat outside only briefly. I believe he said it had zero rot.
I got the impression he didn't care for the rear compartment being called a "duck blind". It's removable, and he planned to use it for seating for his children.
I don't recall more details. Too bad he pulled his reply.
FYI, He goes by: bdelaporte
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Better than "outhouse" I guess. 8)
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

bdelaporte

Post by bdelaporte »

Sorry for the issue earlier, I was trying to edit and I screwed up the posting.

As mentioned, I own the C306, it was only recently brought to VA from Washington where it had been kept inside with the previous owners other toys. The passenger compartment was one of the selling points for me since we have kids. I had planned on putting a bench seat in the rear, and maybe even 2 rear facing jump seats for extra people hauling.

I was planning a work move out west this Summer and was looking forward to getting some time to use it, unfortunately it now looks like I will be stuck in DC for another year or 2. As you can see, I really don't have storage at the house and rental units are expensive up here.

BTW, no worries on the "duck blind" comments, as mentioned, it's better than an "outhouse"! But seriously, it beats the option of just a 2 seater, or having to add seats in the rear as I did with my TAM. This offers the kids a secure closed in area that's proected from weather or can be opened up when nice.

Let me know if anyone has questions. No rush to sell it or real "need" to except lack of space and time. Thanks
Bruce
Freedom is not Free![/i][/b]