FS, Everett, WA 1971 710K

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
NoahDL88

FS, Everett, WA 1971 710K

Post by NoahDL88 »

Greetings all,

I have a 1971 710K that our family doesn't have room for anymore.

She's your usual Pinz, I've driven her offroad, so she's no longer showroom pretty, but she's solid, and drives well. A winch and adapter for both ends is wired in, ready to go,m just pick which way you want to winch out!

Comes with 710M seats, so if you're more interested in seating than the shelf in the back, mounting the rear seats backwards and adding the benches gets you seating for 9.

Additional behind the seat heater! helps you stay "warm".

Full length roof rack, it's heavy, but it makes a great platform for the drive in movies.

The transmission does leak, a few drops here and there, I check every hundred or so miles and only add a squirt or two. Better safe than sorry. I've rebuilt the transmission and added new gears (because I didn't check) but it still leaks. The family, two jobs and school have prevented me from digging deeper, but I do have a couple of gaskets that could help. We did travel down to the Oregon Coast and topped it off along the way there and back, but she made it no problem.

Tire are starting to get thin, but I don't want to put on new tires in the chance that they are the "wrong" ones for what you, the new owner would want.

Because of the transmission and tires I'm taking into consideration the cost to replace both. I'm looking for 17,000. OBO

1972 710K
NoahDL88

Re: FS, Everett, WA 1971 710K

Post by NoahDL88 »

Don't all post at once :lol:

If I'm that far off on expectations let me know! Shoot me a PM if you want to keep it private.
1972 710K
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

Looks like a very reasonable price and a decent truck. Your description is very honest.

You might do better if you cleaned up the truck a bit for the photos :-)

What kind of auxiliary heater does this have? Would be good to include a photo of it probably as people don't always read.

Might also be good to show a photo of it with the winch in place on the front and rear of the truck.
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Many years ago, I had a '90 Ford Ranger with a mid-'70s 302 crammed into it. Plus 7" of lift (4" susp. and 3" body lifts), Holley Pro-jection TBI, big ol' wheels and tires and a black/silver zebra stripe paint job. (I know, subtle.) The best advice I ever got was to never let anyone see or know that it ever broke down, because just about anyone who considers an old or odd vehicle worries about it breaking down - what do you do then?? If it's known to break down, nobody will want to buy it when you want to sell.

I'd suggest that a Pinz falls into that old or odd group. If I read your ad right, you've got a leaky transmission that's already been repaired (due to the leak?) yet continues to leak.

You know how easy it is to pull a Pinz tranny, and I know how easy it is. But let's face it, anything to do with transmissions scares some people away. I think it might be worth your efforts to fix the transmission. Your market will be bigger.

I agree with Haf-e that your truck would look more appealing if you cleaned it out for the photos.
It is better to go skiing and think of God, than go to church and think of sport. Fridjof Nansen
I hope to die in my ski boots... ...just not today. Me
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Or embrace the leak, state the leak, and delete comment after. These trucks are old. My hi speed transmission always leaked. I was worried about it for the first year, and finally realized over years 2 through 6 that the amount it leaks is a joke. It never fell to any point of concern. I sometimes wonder if the leak is caused by me putting too much fluid in, and the pressure pushing it out, as i have never found the levels low when swapping fluid. In fact, somehow the transmission magically creates more and more oil.

Some folks will pay a premium for perfection. Others will accept leaks, dents and rust. Decide on your market and price accordingly.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
NoahDL88

Post by NoahDL88 »

All good points guys, I'll have to pester my neighbor to borrow the pressure washer!
1972 710K