Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
User avatar
BobbyD
United States of America
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:06 am
Location: Carlsbad, CA

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by BobbyD » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:00 am

+2 for Jim and his work.
1971 710K S
N2PNZ

Sonarman
United States of America
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:15 pm
Location: Sonoma, Ca

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by Sonarman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:16 am

Also got to Expedition Imports web site. I was there a week ago to pick up some parts and he had both 710 and 712's for sale.

AdamH
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by AdamH » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:19 pm

I did contact Expedition Imports about a month ago, they said they didn't have any 710k or 712k. Website doesn't have any listed either except for one 712k that is supposedly coming in later in July.

Sonarman
United States of America
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:15 pm
Location: Sonoma, Ca

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by Sonarman » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Here is a picture from May 31. Scott has been busy and may not have had time to update site. I know he is headed to Europe very soon to buy more. I think he will be gone a more so limited service will be available.
Attachments
IMG_2420.JPG
IMG_2420.JPG (802.33 KiB) Viewed 2333 times

AdamH
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by AdamH » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:02 pm

They all look to be M's except possibly the one at the end, but its hard to tell.
I wish I were in the market for an M, they seem to be more plentiful. But I'm really looking for a K

User avatar
Jimm391730
United States of America
Posts: 1456
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:58 pm
Location: Idyllwild, CA

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by Jimm391730 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:12 pm

All appear to be Ms, based on seeing the canvas mounts above the doors. You could always make your own hardtop for an M; the only difference being the additional two side doors that a K would have. Your own hardtop could have removable panels for that "open air" feeling that can't be had with a K...
Jim M.
712W and 710M

User avatar
TechMOGogy
Canada
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:39 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by TechMOGogy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Jimm391730 wrote:All appear to be Ms, based on seeing the canvas mounts above the doors. You could always make your own hardtop for an M; the only difference being the additional two side doors that a K would have. Your own hardtop could have removable panels for that "open air" feeling that can't be had with a K...
Just what I was typing too :)
Always an option and Andre can make it for you (he has made a bunch of hard sided M's)
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker

User avatar
Haf-e
United States of America
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: Mount Vernon WA USA

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by Haf-e » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:40 pm

And I happen to have a hard top for the back of a 710M available - along with enough metal to make a matching front top as well (or order the Tuff River front top only which is what I had planned on doing). I can even offer free delivery to the bay area in early July

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10302
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Image
Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com

User avatar
TechMOGogy
Canada
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:39 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by TechMOGogy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:53 pm

Haf-e wrote:And I happen to have a hard top for the back of a 710M available - along with enough metal to make a matching front top as well (or order the Tuff River front top only which is what I had planned on doing). I can even offer free delivery to the bay area in early July

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10302
I have an EI original fiberglass top in new condition I may be looking to sell as well - instant MK!
(its in Texas currently)
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker

AdamH
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by AdamH » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:13 pm

The MK is a neat idea, but not really what I'm looking for.
The only 710K I can find that's on the market right now is up in Washington state- but its got a bit more rust than I'm willing to deal with I think, plus a leaking tranny. (otherwise it would be doable)

User avatar
TechMOGogy
Canada
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:39 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by TechMOGogy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:00 pm

AdamH wrote:The MK is a neat idea, but not really what I'm looking for.
The only 710K I can find that's on the market right now is up in Washington state- but its got a bit more rust than I'm willing to deal with I think, plus a leaking tranny. (otherwise it would be doable)
I looked for my 710M for over a year (and was following the market well before that).
When mine came up for sale I purchased it within a day (then 3 years to build it :) haha). When the right one shows up you have to be ready but it may take a while to find what you want!
Good luck

EDIT
I know your looking for a K but I just saw this 710M posted and reminds me of the condition mine was in (great and original ) and this seems like a great price (I don't know the truck or seller). Just reminded me of mine.
Sorry not trying to hijack your thread!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10994
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker

AdamH
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by AdamH » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:25 am

Not a problem! I love looking at other people's projects!
Although I'm not into an M, this one is pretty awesome:
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/6170988675.html

Pretty much I can't afford the condition an M would have to be in to change my mind.

User avatar
ExpeditionImports
United States of America
Posts: 429
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:53 pm
Location: Vallejo, CA
Contact:

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by ExpeditionImports » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:53 pm

710K's are few and far between. 5 years ago never thought I would ever be able to say there are more 712K's available than 710K's. Landed costs of 710K's are in the $21,000-$23,000 range and being the warm season not planning on picking any up unless there is a serious buyer. Couple of nice 712K's but the costs verses Puch 230's really makes it difficult to add to inventory unless there is a serious buyer.

On the other hand these were a blast. No weepy carbs, timing, leaking portals, backfiring or stinky exhaust.
monstertrottinett.jpg
monstertrottinett.jpg (118.11 KiB) Viewed 2260 times
Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."

NEWFISHER
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:52 am
Location: Oregon--NorthWet

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by NEWFISHER » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:08 am

From the look on her face, there may be a stinky tailpipe ahead :mrgreen:

AdamH
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Looking to buy 710K- anybody know this one?

Post by AdamH » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:25 pm

I would certainly consider myself a serious buyer and am definitely going to buy one. Its just a matter of from who and how much.
I'd consider a 712k but they tend to be beyond my budget.
ExpeditionImports wrote:710K's are few and far between. 5 years ago never thought I would ever be able to say there are more 712K's available than 710K's. Landed costs of 710K's are in the $21,000-$23,000 range and being the warm season not planning on picking any up unless there is a serious buyer. Couple of nice 712K's but the costs verses Puch 230's really makes it difficult to add to inventory unless there is a serious buyer.

Post Reply