Officially shopping for a Volvo C303

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
bdgWesternMass

Officially shopping for a Volvo C303

Post by bdgWesternMass »

I have been lurking for a while but I'm ready to participate. I'm very sorry I missed one of the C303 that was for sale in november.

The one in California looks great but there is no need to pay a premium and deplete California's supply.
I'm in the northwest corner of Massachusetts and would like to find something nearby.
There are a couple listed on carsales aggregate sites seem to have been for sale for years.
They are in Long Island and Plattsburgh.

I prefer a single color one to camouflage and the more tools and manuals the better.

Thanks,
Ben
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Re: Officially shopping for a Volvo C303

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

I'd think about dropping the idea of getting one close by. There are very few of these in the entire US, much less what you might want condition-wise that's actually for sale, near by. A lot of buyers end up asking guys like me to help them find one overseas after looking for months or more, if that tells you anything. Good deals that do pop up will be gone fast so prepare to move on it, in any state, if you get lucky.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

May want to take a look at this instead
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11134
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
aclark79
United States of America

Post by aclark79 »

I'll endorse: http://bach-int.dk/shop/vehicles-19c1.html

They have two C303's instock. I'd say don't be afraid to go overseas, just remember to budget in the shipping.

or check out this group on FB which has a ton of owners in Europe with knowledge and connections:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/38340479905/
bdgWesternMass

Post by bdgWesternMass »

I looked one more time at th e 6x6 before I declared my public interest it is really nice but not quite what I’m looking for.

Those 2 listed on Bach-int look good I also really like this one at terhorst.
http://list.auto-commerce.nl/view/autop ... &template=

I don’t mind bringing more to the USA. I will check out the one in Plattsburgh and the 2 in Long Island and see where it goes.

Finally I’m too much of an old fashioned sysadmin to use facebook. I’m sure it is to my own loss.

Thanks for the advice I will go back over the early stages or aclark’s acquistion to see what I’m in for.

Ben
m15256
United States of America

Post by m15256 »

I thought the one available in North Carolina recently looked pretty good.

When you get one that means there will be two of us in MA. The registry here on the island couldn't decide what to call mine and what to do if it wasn't listed in their computer. I said "Look outside. Lets call it a van."
"OK"

Rick
bdgWesternMass

Post by bdgWesternMass »

m15256 wrote:I thought the one available in North Carolina recently looked pretty good.
I think I’m going to check out this one on Long Island.

http://www.webeautos.com/detail-1975-vo ... 33515.html
When you get one that means there will be two of us in MA. The registry here on the island couldn't decide what to call mine and what to do if it wasn't listed in their computer. I said "Look outside. Lets call it a van."
"OK"
Rick
So one in the northeast corner and one in the southesast corner.
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

The Long Island one is a gem! When you can find a great condition truck grab it! Fast!

I bought a similar condition Pinz 5 years ago and have had no problems and it gets used regularly, most recently a 1,700 km trip in Oct. Just do your maintenance. Paying a little more for no rust and no creative wrench monkeys pays itself back quickly.

Hope it works out.

Cheers, Clive
one2many
Australia

Post by one2many »

The one in the Terhorst link is interesting, it's got a VW 6 cyl diesel fitted...even though it's an obvious choice because of the assocation that engine has with the Volvo (240???) that's one engine ( assuming it is the D24?) I've never heard of being diesel converted into a tgb/C3OX Volvo.

The ad does say it's sold but if you (bdgWesternMass) do go down the import route make sure you carefully check your regulations before you buy... In Australia if that one had been brought in under our "old timer" scheme ie. 25 years or older then it would have been impounded on arrival because for a vehicle to qualify and be imported under that set of rules it MUST be in original condition without any modifications. I know that rules between countries will differ and I'm sure you'd be more than thorough but I thought it worth a mention in case your looking into any already diesel converted TGB/C3's that happen to be on the market ATM.

Happy Hunting!
1985 pinzgauer 712K factory 2.7lt civilian (RHD, 4 door K)
1979 Volvo tgb 1314a (under construction to om606 diesel/722.6 trans. Dual cab/tray)
Firewrx612

Post by Firewrx612 »

Hopefully there will be three in Mass soon (I'm in Boston). I've been looking at all the same ones you have but I'm not ready to buy just yet. Hopefully by this Spring.

We should start a club. :D
pinzi
Belgium

Post by pinzi »

Well in Zweden they put 6 cyl BMW TD engines in the 303....the ones from the 5 series. :mrgreen:
off-road until i die
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

Always thought the Mini Cooper's 3 cylinder diesel (B37 or B38) might be a great conversion motor for a 710/712 pinzgauer - and the BMW motors are built in Graz Austria too!

They are very physically small (1.5 liters) but powerful (100 BHP / 162ft-lbs) and the version of the same motor is used in the hybrid I8 which produces 228 bhp / 236 ft-lbs!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_B38
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Post by GadgetPhreak »

Chris, when are we going to start working out how to pull that off? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
m15256
United States of America

Post by m15256 »

The C303 in Randleman North Carolina is listed on Ebay again.
Looks like its in decent shape from the pictures. How come this one never sells?
Firewrx612

Post by Firewrx612 »

Are you sure it’s the same one? He imports them, I just bought one from him a couple weeks ago and it was in great shape.