SOLD...SOLD...SOLD....: Tuff River top for 710M

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
GimmeWind
United States of America

SOLD...SOLD...SOLD....: Tuff River top for 710M

Post by GimmeWind »

1.jpg
1.jpg (241.12 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (120.14 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
3- (1).jpg
3- (1).jpg (168.11 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
4-13 (1).jpg
4-13 (1).jpg (109.01 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
5-top13.jpg
5-top13.jpg (198.68 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
Tuff River top for 710M

THIS ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD

I recently received one of the last new Tuff River tops for my 1974 710M, so I have my old light gray colored Tuff River top available for sale. Rumor has it that Tuff River is shutting down, so this is a unique opportunity.

I paid about $4500 for my new top, and am selling my old one for $1000. I don’t know the age of the top. I have owned the vehicle for about 6 ½ years, and I have always stored it inside. The old top is in really good condition, with one exception: The top has some discoloration on the upper part. The fabric seems to still be waterproof (as waterproof as these tops are!), but the color is a little patchy as you can see in my pictures. Because it is so high up, the discoloration not that noticeable while driving around.

The quality of workmanship for Tuff River is impressive on this top. The side “windows” in the rear of the top have covers on BOTH the inside and outside of bug screen. This is really nice because Tuff River had stopped making their new tops this way. The advantage is that when the sides are rolled up, you see the same color top along the whole side. With the newer tops, the black color of the bug screen is visible too when rolled up, which does not look as good.

The top is insulated. There is a separate flap (with a plastic window) that rolls down if you want to seal off the front cab from the rear. The flap over the back of the rear compartment also has a plastic window inside. The rubber rope and the other fittings are in great condition.

Not included are the two long skinny plastic pieces and the square metal plate that anchor down the rear of the top for the front cab area. These do not come with a new Tuff River top, so I needed to re-use them.

If you are interested, I have many more pictures and a couple videos that better document the condition of the top. Note that many of my pictures show the top and its fittings unconnected. These pictures were taken like that to send to Tuff River to convey the details of my original top. The top and its fittings all close up just fine. You may need to make small adjustments in the rubber rope connectors to make it perfectly fit on your Pinz, as I did with my new top.

Serious buyers are welcome to make an appointment to see the top and inspect it in person. It is in the Los Angeles area. It is being sold “as is”, without any warranty. I am willing to box it up at no charge, but the shipping costs will be extra. Prepayment only. USA only. No foreign sales.

This is a unique chance to buy a Tuff River 710M top in good condition at less than ¼ the cost of a new one IF YOU COULD GET ONE! First $1000 takes it.

For more information, send an email to gimmewind@gmail.com If you want to speak with me, just send me your phone number and I will call you back.
Last edited by GimmeWind on Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmcc100
United States of America

Re: For Sale: Tuff River top for 710M

Post by mmcc100 »

I am so interested in this. PM sent
mmcc100
United States of America

Re: For Sale: Tuff River top for 710M

Post by mmcc100 »

email sent instead.