Great Dometic fridge deals!

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Great Dometic fridge deals!

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Just saw that they are taking 20% off everything until the 27th. Great units and these prices are the best I've ever seen. That CFX line is amazing. I own the smallest CF unit they made and love it. I hope to move up to the CFX 28 one day for the room, super low amp draw and temp setting feature.
https://shop.dometic.com/store/dometic/ ... mL_kWwckRs
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Great Dometic fridge deals!

Post by TechMOGogy »

I have the cfx28 and love it. Works very well and as you said, very efficient
I love the small interior led light - very helpful
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

would be great if there is another option in hi performance fridge/freezers for the trucks. have been using and still use a couple of engel fredge freezers in my pinz and G. Ultra low power consumption and works on all three power sources 12/24 or 120. If you have not been considering a fridge for your truck and are using an ice chest it is time to rethink your position. Once you make the switch it will be very clear that ice chest are a pain and a waste of time and food.

Not sure what compressor Dometic is using but if they are finally getting away from the power hogs they used to run and getting into the overland world it would be great. The choices of ARB/Engel as the only true energy efficient units has led to some fairly high prices. There are a couple other mid class units but they do consume a lot more power, very important to keep it as low as possible.
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

ARB uses the Danfoss compressor. I managed to find the service manual for it on the "deep" WEB :wink:
You can learn a lot from a service manual if you can find one, the choice of parts, how the unit goes together
and how well (or badly) the manual is written.

I believe Dometic also uses the Danfoss compressor. Of the more reputable Frig companies out there, Engel
was the only one that went with the very unique Sawafuji Swing compressor out of Japan. Though, both
compressor sources have a remarkable reputation for quality.
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

My small Dometic couldn't be much better. Super quiet and cycles on and off only when needed. Energy spec:
(Ambient = 90°F Compartment Temp = 41°F): 0.64Ah/h and I think that's at 12v. It will run on 24v too. The newer CFX series is even more efficient. I personally just like the size/style and controls on these where some others are either overly bulky or heavy, or seem really inflated price-wise.

I always assumed Dometic were one of the first. They used to be owned by Electrolux. They were making the propane fridges in the VW Westfalia's a long time ago at least.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!