712 for sale - crew cab configuration

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Maxf
Norway

712 for sale - crew cab configuration

Post by Maxf »

Pinzgauer 712 $25,000 29,953miles on the odometer Location: Reno, Nevada - you arrange shipping or drive away.
Check out my listing on Ebay Motors - Pinzgauer 712, 6x6 1973
https://ebay.us/llZry1

This is a Swiss military 1973 Steyr-Daimler-Puch Pinzgauer 712 with single rear troop door. It has a 50cal turret and an A-driver hatch. It has always been stored under cover and only has 29,953 original documented miles on it. It always fires right up, runs great, has always been reliable and has never let me down, never failed to start or had any issues whatsoever. It has only had one owner before me since being sold by the Swiss govt.

*This truck holds oil well. Only small drip occasionally. Using synthetic oil, 5 qts included.
*Although many photos show the truck without the rear canvass, the canvass is included and is perfectly functional and without leaks. Lots of bows and braces included.
* It has a solid body with only one dent [passenger front] above the glove box. Some minor dings and typical Swiss Army touch up paint. Truck has three specific rust areas - Back door 1” patch, Battery Box [needs repair] and driver door [minor]. see photos. Occasional surface rust here and there as is expected. Overall this truck is in very good shape due to the desert environment here.
* Everything works as it should. All hydraulic differential lockers operate reliably as does the hydraulic 6x6 system. High-low shifter on the transfer case works fine. The transmission shifts easily and smoothly in all gears. All lights function, including the black-out stealth night driving capability multi-position switch.
* Has upgraded optical encoded electronic ignition. Uses volvo coils for each cylinder. Much more reliable than the distributor stock system.
* The truck is started and driven often, several times a month locally, not driven much as far as miles; this has kept it in excellent running condition.
* Enclosed crew cab has custom made closure for winter. 4 additional crew seats can hold 14 people. Seat belts for six.

This truck has some random holes drilled in it from mounting points.

You can buy this truck with complete confidence to drive it home, wherever that may be and then go directly to the woods and the trails from there with no problems, and I do have confidence that this is the truck to do it; I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross-country and deep into the desert - air cooled - needs no coolant!.

With it will I will include any and all Pinzgauer related spare parts and accessories that I have (at the time of sale), including:
24vdc compressor $400 value
Swiss tire chains for all six wheels
English Service Manual set $80 value
Original Swiss tool-kit, axe, shovel (mounted above left rear tires), cross-bar tire wrench, ice-scraper, hand-broom, tow-cable, wheel-chock, fan-belt and two jerry-can & other accessories.
LED Red rear tail-lights, European made, "cheeseburger" style.

* 12 volt auxiliary power system for accessories.
*US issue multi-fuel heater. Very strong heat. Needs a glow plug.
* 180db loud speaker - just hook up your inputs and blast away!
* Sony Blue Tooth Boom Box for ‘tunes. See pic.
* Swiss military corded clip-on work-light for dash accessory socket.
* The original manually operated windshield washer pump.
* All original parts cab divider metal cage for behind driver.
* Both batteries are brand new as of 15 Jan 2020, group 27 size lead acid.
You will not find another Swiss Pinzgauer 712 with such low miles and in such original, unmolested condition at any price; this is the last of them!

Generally speaking, everything you see in the photos which is Pinzgauer related will be included in the sale. Specifically excepted is the 50cal and antenna mounts.

The bad:
1] Dent in the front passenger side. Not serious, just impinges on glove box.

2] The paint looks a bit strange because of all the spray-can touch up painting on it, but this is the authentic Swiss Army way and looks as a typical truck in Swiss service did.
I will include 1 gallon of RAL 6014 Swiss Army Green paint.

2] Battery box floor is rusty. It is structurally sound, but needs attention. See pic

Overall this truck is in great condition and well worth the asking price. If you are in doubt, come inspect it in person and let's take it for a test drive.
Thanks,
MaxF

1973 712m Reno NV USA
"The difference between theory and practice is much greater in practice than it is in theory"