PinzFDS now available

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
pinzinator

Re: PinzFDS now available

Post by pinzinator »

I dropped the ball by sending a 100 PSI pressure gauge. I thought it was a 7 PSI gauge, when actually I was reading the BAR scale. It is indeed the wrong gauge, so now I am stuck with 4-100 PSA gauges. If someone wants all 4, make me an offer.
My apologies to the buyer in Texas!
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

After 12 days of sitting, the Pinz started up after 3 seconds of cranking. This was after replacing the top section of the fuel pump which contains the one-way valves. Before replacing this section, after two weeks of sitting idle, it would take >18 seconds to start and I confirmed in that case the fuel hose was dry.

I think the original Pinz design is solid, and people see issues because the valves in their pump are in need of replacement. For those people, I see three options:
- Replace the top section of the fuel pump (six screws) -- it contains the two valves and they are not removable. $85 @ SAV
- Replace the entire fuel pump. $139 @ SAV
- Replace the fuel pump with a fabricated block-off plate, mount and wire in a new electric pump, and add an inertial safety switch.
ChickenPinz
United States of America

Post by ChickenPinz »

Now after three weeks of sitting unstarted, the truck started in about four seconds. Replacing the upper section of the fuel pump resolved the issue of long cranking time (>18s) after sitting idle. If you're having this issue on your truck, swapping out the of the fuel up is an easy low-risk fix.
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I have both PinzFDS and PinzSSI, so I get practically instant starts after sitting a long time. Both carbs are fairly new, also. It's a matter of choice, this is good and so is the new mechanical. I like the ability to be able to adjust pressure, but with a Pinz it's like horseshoes. Close is good enough.