WTB TGB1111

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
bdelaporte

WTB TGB1111

Post by bdelaporte »

Looking for a clean low mileage TGB1111 for sale. Prefer East coast if possible. Willing to travel for the right vehicle. Prefer email info to bdelaporte@yahoo.com as I am not online too often. Thanks
Freedom is not Free![/i][/b]
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Re: WTB TGB1111

Post by Jim Molloy »

You may wish to expand your search into the Facebook Vovlo C303 and TGB page, Terrangbil.net and c303.de forums.

There was a fellow in central Texas who had a couple about fifteen years ago. Name was Brad Zelinski. lived outside Dripping Springs, Texas. I have no contact info on him now.

Best wishes on a successful search.
Jim Molloy
bdelaporte

Post by bdelaporte »

Thanks for the addition ideas Jim. I do follow the FB groups, but had not thought to post there also. Thanks again!
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Post by Jim Molloy »

Through Facebook, you might wish to contact Thomas Schwagerl. He is the only person I know of that is currently bringing Volvo TGB trucks into the US as a business. I purchased a very nice LOW mileage TGB1314A from Thomas two years ago. Born and raised in Sweden, he seems to have very good sources for trucks. He is a US citizen now and currently lives in North Carolina. Very good man!
Take care.
Jim Molloy
bdelaporte

Post by bdelaporte »

Jim, Thanks, I’ve talked with Thomas quite a bit over the last year. It’s good to hear that he did you sell on a sale. He has 2 TGB 1111 that’s he is in the process of bringing in soon. He is asking significantly more than what I have seen them go for though. He mentioned that the Kronar to USD rate is off by 20% currently so they are expensive to buy there right now.

If I can’t source one already in the US, I’ll take a look at his when they land and get the paperwork taken care of. Thanks again for the info though. Thomas is a great resource.
bdelaporte

Post by bdelaporte »

Jim Molloy wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:47 am Through Facebook, you might wish to contact Thomas Schwagerl. He is the only person I know of that is currently bringing Volvo TGB trucks into the US as a business. I purchased a very nice LOW mileage TGB1314A from Thomas two years ago. Born and raised in Sweden, he seems to have very good sources for trucks. He is a US citizen now and currently lives in North Carolina. Very good man!
Take care.
Jim Molloy
Jim, I haven’t been able to find anything clean on the 1111 front except for what is supposed to be coming over from Thomas in NC. I looked at importing something as I had done before, but with travel restrictions, I dont want to risk it.

What is your thoughts on a 10k km 1111 that has a refitted alumazink body (4 door) version that would be considered a fair cost? You mentioned that you have bought from Thomas before, I resume that you recommend him, no challenges or issues?
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Post by Jim Molloy »

First and foremost, I am happy to recommend Thomas Schwagerl wholeheartedly. I would hesitate to repeat my first purchase from him and would gladly purchase a second (and third...) Volvo from him.

As far as a fair price for an AluZn second generation TGB1111 with low miles, I have no clue. The prices for all the TGB trucks are increasing rapidly. This is especially true for the TGB131X 6x6 trucks. With only 8,717 Volvo C series trucks being produced, and many being sacrificed solely for their portal axles, they will command ever increasing prices. Were you aware of the modified C303 that recently sold for $65,000 on Bring-A-Trailer?

Take care.
jim Molloy
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

I'm going a little off thread here but have to say, that 303 was worth maybe half of that. For that kind of money, it would need to have a professionally converted Tdi engine, PS, AC and a full sound insulated interior, professionally done as well. Sometimes cars on there get attention in a unique way which is good for the seller only.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Joeri
Belgium

Post by Joeri »

Boy...i bought my c303 with 11.000 km on the clock for 4700 Euro's and my tgb1111 for 5200 Euros.....bouth complete and in the best
condition...but than again that was almoust 15 years ago :roll: